torie88

Good setting powder that won't change foundation finish?

I have fair combination skin but it's a little different then the typical combo skin. All around my nose and eyebrows have noticeable dry patches but along my hairline is very oily then the rest of my face is normal and can run just a tad oily especially in the summer. I find that BB's work best for me but the issue I'm running into is that I need something to lock the BB without making my face mat. I'd like a PRESSED powder that absorbs oil, won't enhance my dry patches, sets my BB, and won't change the finish of my BB. I know I'm asking for a miracle product here but does anyone have any advice? 

btmod2

Re: Good setting powder that won't change foundation finish?

[ Edited ]

Hi torie88,

I have really been loving the Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder. This powder originally only came in a loose form (which is also great) but they came out with a pressed powder version not too long ago. I've been really impressed with this powder. It is finely milled, lightweight and has a silky, smooth texture that will not cling to any dry areas. My favorite way to apply this powder is with a soft, kabuki brush. The one that I have been loving lately is the Sephora Collection Pro Kabuki Brush #43. I will lightly brush the powder all over my face to set my liquid foundation or BB Cream. I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

jwilk241

I use Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying powder. It's a pressed powder that is white but does not look white on the skin. It seems to work for me.

However, you can't set your face with a powder and not have it change the finish. A powder will almost always change the finish to matte or semi-matte.

JayReed

I use the one from MAC and I Love it, I tend to have a little bit of oil through out the day and if I don't use I am a grease ball! MUFE has a pressed one and so does NARS. I haven't tried the one from NARS, but I have tried the MUFE, which I prefer the MAC one. It also work with any foundation, BB, CC, or tinted moisturizer.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • torie88
    • JayReed
    • jwilk241