kelsey808

Good setting powder for a BB cream?

(0) Hearts

I just switched BB creams (currently loving Clinque's!!) and have been using Tarte's Smooth Operator to set it, but today I actually realized it's a finishing powder which makes a lot of sense because it wasn't really helping my BB cream stay on throughout the day. What do you use to set your BB cream/tinted moisturizer? I'm open to both translucent and tinted setting powders!

roseate

Re: Good setting powder for a BB cream?

(0) Hearts

I'm also looking for a good setting powder for my BB/CC creams! 

Been considering the NARS translucent powder, will probably purchase it to try soon :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

i use powder foundations to set my bb to get a little more coverage. if you want to use something lighter, i love the UD naked powder! the finish is amazing. what skintype do you have? are you looking to control oil

kelsey808

(0) Hearts

I have normal/combination but I do get oily after a couple of hours if I don't use a powder. I haven't looked into any powders especially for oil control.. maybe I should, do you have any suggestions?

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

the best one i found for keeping me matte is mufe duo mat. if you have a powder you prefer, you can also add a little mufe hd just in the oily areas overtop to mattify. I do that daily and i can go to 6hrs+ depending on the combo i am wearing before i decide to blot. sometimes longer.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Oh and I haven't tried it yet, but i know casey holmes on YT swears by the loose mufe powder. It comes in traslucent. i just haven't tried it yet because i'm not a huge loose fan-

neko333

(0) Hearts

This may sound dumb, but I hate having a ton of product on my face. So what I do is I take blotting sheets and blot my skin after I've applied the BB cream and then use the Tarte finishing powder. It's less cakey, gets off any excess, absorbs the oil, and seems to keep my makeup looking much better than any powder I've tried. 

invisiblebike

(0) Hearts

I use Laura Mercier's loose setting powder. I have dry skin, so I only apply the barest bit with a fan brush to my forehead, nose, and under my eyes. Otherwise, I wind up with cake face.

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For a pressed translucent powder, try Too Faced's Absolutely Invisible, it's finely milled so it won't look grainy on skin plus it's loaded with minerals and antioxidants to protect skin.

As for something with a tint, try Tarte's Tinted Amazonian Clay Mineral Powder. It's light weight, uses natural mineral pigments, and gives a light touch of color.

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

I use the Clinique Redness Powder to set PTR's CC and I love it!

s1295765-main-hero.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • aviscardi
    • lylysa
    • neko333
    • invisiblebike