Ashleighx93

Good full coverage foundation?

(0) Hearts

I have been using the Make Up For Ever HD foundation and I really like it. I only use one pump for my entire face because I don't want to wear it too thick. I have a lot of freckles though and stuff like that, that I want covered up. Are there any other good foundations? I'm very pale and don't want cakey. I don't dislike the HD foundation, it wears really wear but maybe I'm not using enough? I don't know. Is there a way to tell how much you have left? I'm not sure when to buy more!

I was told to try a sheer like the armani maestro maybe underneath to help conceal and cover and then my foundation with the HD powder on top so it's not too thick or cakey.

infinitise

Re: Good full coverage foundation?

(0) Hearts

putting Maestro under the foundation would be a very bad idea... especially with all the fragrances and irritating ingredients in them, I think that would cause break outs. and cut the longevity of the HD foundation.. 

I think if you want to keep using the HD foundation, its best to to apply thin thin layers a few times and use the full coverage HD concealer they have so that your whole face isn't cakey and thick

alot if not all full coverage foundations are pretty thick and heavy.. 

like the Estee lauder's double wear, you could feel it sitting on your face heavy... but at the same time the coverage is amazing and how long is last can't be compared to most foundations.. 

Laura mercier's silk creme, lancome's teint idole, tarte, hourglass immaculate liquid to powder, bobbi brown even finish, are all pretty popular full coverage foundations if you don't mind it being thicker than light to medium coverage ones 

Ashleighx93

(0) Hearts

I ended up getting a sample of Estee Lauder's double wear (I think that's what it's called) and it seems to wear well but I forgot to look in the sunlight to see if my freckles were hidden.

lolo01

(0) Hearts

I agree with both girls on Kat Von D, be careful with the Mufe Mat Velvet it oxidizes so I looked orange sometimes lol...

roxystar4

I agree with WittyW KVD has Great coverage

WittyW

I have a lot of freckles, too. And sometimes, I really just want to cover them up. The best foundation to really camouflage my freckles has been Kat Von D's Lock-It Liquid Foundation. It wears well like the MUFE HD foundation.

A few other foundations that I've heard good things about are Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation and MUFE Mat Velvet. Good luck on your search!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • roxystar4
    • lolo01
    • infinitise
    • WittyW
    • Ashleighx93