MaseysMomma

Glowy / flawless foundation for very fair skin?

Hi guys! This is my firat makeup post here! I'm hoping someone can help me! A little about my skin: I have what I believe to be combo skin. Very fair, with pink undertones, and redness in my cheeks, nose and chin that I like to aim to cover up. I have such a problem finding foundations to match me! They're almost always too pink or yellow! I would really like to find a foundation that makes me look refreshed/glowing but not shiny and glittery. I tried MUFE Mat velvet, and all that did was make me look dead and ruddy! Currently, I'm wearing Lancôme Teint Miracle, which is ok, but stil doesn't match me completely. Help!

hazeleyes10

Re: Glowy / flawless foundation for very fair skin?

[ Edited ]

I have very fair skin with pink undertones and it's been challenging to find foundation that matches my skin!  I currently use Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer in Fair (very silky) and then bareMinerals foundation in Fair.  Nothing else has every matched my skin quite perfectly!  Good luck!

jennypenny1995

Very fair myself!  I wear Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation in Fair.  Truly, the ONLY foundation I've ever found to match my skin perfectly and with no need to carry it way down onto my neck.  Love it!

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the recommendation, I'm going to try this!

AmandaBabe

(0) Hearts

I have uber pink undertones in my skin and i have a very fair complexion also! Right now, I use Neutrogena Matte healthy skin foundation liquid. Works great! I just bought the Makeup Forever HD in the light ivory so I'll tell you how it works out!

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

Really?? I'll have to check that out! What kind of coverage do you get from it?

triciaann12

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

Oh bummer! Did you happen to find a match at all? I'm fair toned with pink undertones, yet neutrals seem to blend into my skin the best... I'm nit sure why, lol. 

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

I looked at the colors and they do look a bit dark. But I'm sure they look different in person. MUFE mat velvet in alabaster, is wayyyy too light, even for me!

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Triciaann12 and MaseysMomma The ProFinish shades run a bit darker because they are so pigmented.  They recommend going 2-3 shades lighter than the shade you would use in the HD.

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

Ohhh, in that case I don't think it's light enough for me :smileysad:

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@MaseysMomma Have you tried Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15? It's a little darker and more neutral than the 15 in Mat velvet.

swfupload_422578604876514939.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/diorskin-nude-skin-glowing-makeup-spf-15-P230421?skuId=1443480

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

I received a sample in the lightest shade they have, and it was too orange on me :smileysad:. See how difficult this is for me, lol. 

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

No I haven't! I've never even heard of such a thing. Where can I get that done?

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

People had great experience with it. You can find details here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Pantone-Color-IQ-in-select-Sephora-Stores/m-p/356803

It is only available in selected stores, altho they are slowly expanding it to more stores. I suggest search for stores near you and call them to ask.

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

So I went in and got matched by the Pantone, and it was totally off! first, it said I only matched two products in the entiRe store. It said my only matches were Hello Flawless and Lockit Foundation. Ahhh! Then the SA insisted on a foundation that clearly didn't look good on me, and refused to show me other options when I told her I didn't like the finish. I ended up finding Givenchy Phtoto'Perfexion in Perfect Vanilla, and left wwith that. A LOT more than I wanted to spend :smileysad:

melissa93

Have you tried getting matched with the new Pantone ( I believe) skin matching machine thingy? I heard it's supposed to be pretty accurate.

MaseysMomma

Thanks for the repliYeah I have such a hard time because I've never been matched correctly! 

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Have you tried YSL Touche' Eclat? It has a satiny/glowy finish with great colors for lighter skin.You can go in and have a SA match you with some colors. Hope this helps!

ChicDabbler

Hmmm, I'm no makeup expert, but that sounds more like a tone/color matching problem than the finish/texture of the foundation. I've never seen a foundation that's glittery, but I know what you meant about shiny.

Honestly I would recommend going to a store and get an exact match. Sometimes the associate may not match you perfectly, so go in the morning or during down/slow time so they can spend time on you and ask them to try multiple brand/products. I found my perfect match in MUFE ProFinish, which have a variety of undertones, so maybe check that out.

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • melissa93
    • hazeleyes10
    • jennypenny1995
    • triciaann12