Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation Dupes?

[ Edited ]

A MUA put this on me at a Nordstrom event, and I fell in love with the finish and lightweight formula. I've been lucky to never have a need for foundation, but now I feel that I'd like one if only for special events and taking pictures. I'm just having trouble with the $62 price tag. I know that this is not an unreasonable price and it's consistent with the line, but I don't want to start out with something so high-end when I *hope* that there's something similar in the $30-$40 range. Do you guys know of anything similar for a lower price?armani.jpg

Re: Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation Dupes?

(0) Hearts

pretty good coverage actually; im not one to just write/respond to reviews etc...but when i actually think a product is that good to write about, that's impressive!

after i applied this w beauty blender, i was going to apply powder found, or the benefit hello flawless etc...but saw how i really didn't need anythng after! but my oily skin, so i just applied mac blot powder and that it! i feel the benefit hello flawless is too much makeup after this ga maestro found.

(0) Hearts

I'm so sad.  My Nordstrom doesn't have GA in-store.  I went there today to try out all the new stuff but no dice... How is the coverage?

(0) Hearts

hi there!! a lovely sephora employee recommended this, and she gave me a generous sample and when i went home i put this on and use it everyday! it's pretty good and i don't usually wear foundation etc!!!~ just keep getting/asking for sample pots!!~ she gave me full pot amount, and i still have more than half left after like a month

(0) Hearts

I heard the new L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder is very close to the maestro. I love the foundation and purchased it when it's 25% off but is still kinda expensive. Gonna try the L'Oreal when I hit the drugstore next week. 

Spoiler

[ Edited ]

I'm sure eventually other brands will offer similar foundations, but as of now, I don't think there is anything else like it on the market. I bought this when it first came out because I was intrigued, but eventually I parted with it because it wasn't as good of a match, shade-wise, as something else that I use. However, it was really amazing on the skin, and even though I thought it would make me shiny, somehow it didn't -- I've never used anything like it. Can you ask Nordstrom for a sample and see how it works for you longer-term, before you decide to invest? I find their samples are always pretty generous. In the $30-$40 range, MUFE HD foundation is a great special event foundation (due to its finish), but it's not the same as Maestro.

@SweetFireFly- I know it's hard to leave a product that you love so much!Smiley Happy

So very true! I read up on the science and it's waterless, which is certainly unique. I'll just keep myself from making small impulse buys and save up for something really special! Smiley Happy

What kind of coverage does it give?

Sheer but buildable. It comes in a dropper and is very much a liquid. The MUA used three drops for my whole face. But I'm just now reading a pretty descriptive view on a Canadian beauty website and the formula itself seems pretty undupeable :\ I'll probably cave and buy it eventually. Thanks.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
Photos1
  • armani.jpg