SweetFirefly

Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation Dupes?

[ Edited ]

A MUA put this on me at a Nordstrom event, and I fell in love with the finish and lightweight formula. I've been lucky to never have a need for foundation, but now I feel that I'd like one if only for special events and taking pictures. I'm just having trouble with the $62 price tag. I know that this is not an unreasonable price and it's consistent with the line, but I don't want to start out with something so high-end when I *hope* that there's something similar in the $30-$40 range. Do you guys know of anything similar for a lower price?armani.jpg

juicie4jen

Re: Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation Dupes?

(0) Hearts

pretty good coverage actually; im not one to just write/respond to reviews etc...but when i actually think a product is that good to write about, that's impressive!

after i applied this w beauty blender, i was going to apply powder found, or the benefit hello flawless etc...but saw how i really didn't need anythng after! but my oily skin, so i just applied mac blot powder and that it! i feel the benefit hello flawless is too much makeup after this ga maestro found.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I'm so sad.  My Nordstrom doesn't have GA in-store.  I went there today to try out all the new stuff but no dice... How is the coverage?

juicie4jen

(0) Hearts

hi there!! a lovely sephora employee recommended this, and she gave me a generous sample and when i went home i put this on and use it everyday! it's pretty good and i don't usually wear foundation etc!!!~ just keep getting/asking for sample pots!!~ she gave me full pot amount, and i still have more than half left after like a month

anacho

(0) Hearts

I heard the new L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder is very close to the maestro. I love the foundation and purchased it when it's 25% off but is still kinda expensive. Gonna try the L'Oreal when I hit the drugstore next week. 

Spoiler

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I'm sure eventually other brands will offer similar foundations, but as of now, I don't think there is anything else like it on the market. I bought this when it first came out because I was intrigued, but eventually I parted with it because it wasn't as good of a match, shade-wise, as something else that I use. However, it was really amazing on the skin, and even though I thought it would make me shiny, somehow it didn't -- I've never used anything like it. Can you ask Nordstrom for a sample and see how it works for you longer-term, before you decide to invest? I find their samples are always pretty generous. In the $30-$40 range, MUFE HD foundation is a great special event foundation (due to its finish), but it's not the same as Maestro.

beautylovingirl

@SweetFireFly- I know it's hard to leave a product that you love so much!:smileyhappy:

SweetFirefly

So very true! I read up on the science and it's waterless, which is certainly unique. I'll just keep myself from making small impulse buys and save up for something really special! :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

What kind of coverage does it give?

SweetFirefly

Sheer but buildable. It comes in a dropper and is very much a liquid. The MUA used three drops for my whole face. But I'm just now reading a pretty descriptive view on a Canadian beauty website and the formula itself seems pretty undupeable :\ I'll probably cave and buy it eventually. Thanks.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • anacho
    • beautylovingirl
    • SweetFirefly
    • juicie4jen
    • kimchikween