GUERLAIN Météorites Powder For The Face

[ Edited ]

So I was just reading the thread about "IF YOU HAD TO BUY ONE GUERLAIN METEORITES WHICH WOULD IT BE?"… I wanted to start a new thread because I didn't want my question to get buried.

I picked up the Teint Beige but I'm pretty fair (MAC NC20) (ordered it days ago but still hasn't shipped yet!).  I do have yellow undertones (one of my sephora color IQ matches was 3y03 and all of my sephora matches are def Y). I was nervous to get the teint rose because it looked too pink.

But based off of suggestions on that wonderful thread, I interpreted it that I should have picked up the Teint Rose. 

Do you think I'll be alright with the Teint beige? or should I switch out the beige for the Rose?

Here's the Rose

s1256049-main-hero.jpg

Here's the Beige

s1256072-main-hero.jpg

Re: GUERLAIN Météorites Powder For The Face

I think that is part of why they are magic. I'm 2y02 and I can wear both the Rosé AND the Doré. I think you will be fine with the beige but could also get the Rosé if you liked And even mix some between the two for an in between custom color, possibly. The powder residue difference in the bottom is from brighter lighter pink to a more rose gold but when worn, these 'colors' are nearly imperceptible. From what I've read, that's as it should be, the product itself is very subtle to begin with so the differences are more subtle still. 

UPDATE: so I purchased these. they create a really pretty look but the scent! wowzers! I almost cough every time I use them. Anyone else overwhelmed by the scent?

Like I seriously cough when I open the container

I have no problems with any of the Perles, but the pressed powder compact smells a little different and much stronger to me. I avoid using it whenever possible, which makes me sad. 

thanks for replying rikkie. I find it interesting that Guerlain scents their products so heavily (mascara?) I like the quality but the smell is very potent

I guess it's supposed to be a "luxe" touch... in the case of the meteorites it's a tradition that helps make the product what it is and they might have a riot on their hands if they thought about quitting. On the other hand, I tried the YSL BB cream a couple of weeks ago, it's the first one I've found that's a good match for my skin but it's got a really strong scent. It's not as if BB cream is a product that traditionally comes scented!

oh, I kind of wish I picked up the rose… but I am going to keep my teint beige because I think I'll like that one too. 

If I like the beige enough, maybe I will have to ask for the rose for Christmas :smileyhappy:

i have fair skin as well and debated between rose and beige.  i ended up getting the ones in beige and have worn it for two days and they look great.  they dont give off any color, they just smooth our your complexion and add a subtle glow.  Im sure teint beige will work great for you also! 

I'd try out the beige first and see how it looks, and then try rose at possibly at a Guerlain counter? (The testers at Sephora are not ones I would want to have put on my face, lol.) I think on your skintone, rose might work more as a traditional highlighter, whereas beige would be an all-over finishing illuminating powder. The difference is quite subtle between the two, as they're both practically translucent. Hope you get your hands on them soon! :smileyhappy:

I love Rose is the magic powder balls, and Beige in the pressed form (that I keep in my purse for light touchups) 

i think everyone who has tried the rose loves it and everyone who has tried the beige loves it as well so you really can't make a wrong decision here. i have a similar complexion to you (nc 20-ish and beige to yellow undertones) and i got the rose only because i am told that it most closely resembles the original mythic. i love it. it does not make me look pink. just glowy. i did a side by side comparison of beige and rose in the store (which is not a fair comparison because i did not have the appropriate brush). rose seemed to brighten up my face more whereas beige seemed to be a more subtle finish. neither will make you glittery or oily looking. they both have a slight mattifying/shine-obliterating effect, but add a glowy, photoshopped finish. the only difference on my skin was that rose was a bit brighter and beige was more muted. i could have gone either way, and now i want them all. GL!

I think teint beige will work just fine for you! I wear MAC NC 30 and they don't have much color to them. The picture can kind of look intimidating, but I assure you, this will look gorgeous on your skin! The brown looking pearls made me nervous as well, but when you apply them, it just basically adds some shimmer and luminous blur to the face!!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
Photos2
  • s1256049-main-hero.jpg
  • s1256072-main-hero.jpg