EmmeXOXO

Full Coverage Foundation in (Almost) White?

(0) Hearts

I don't expect that I'll find anything that's as white as clown white, but does anyone have recommendations for a full coverage foundation that is just about white? I need one for stage use, and would like to get it from Sephora if possible. 

I know about the MAKE UP FOR EVER 12 Flash Color Case

http://www.sephora.com/12-flash-color-case-P219411?skuId=1087972

But that feels like a waste to me because the only color I need is white. Also, I would prefer a foundation since they're formulated specifically for use on the face.

The closest I've come to "white" so far is MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation in 15 alabaster, but even that doesn't look pale enough.

http://www.sephora.com/mat-velvet-matifying-foundation-P177117

Other recommendations?

Th♥nks!

makeupmaven

Re: Full Coverage Foundation in (Almost) White?

[ Edited ]

Flash Color can be used on the face...Make Up For Ever's site might have the white shade sold separately (really full coverage also).

Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation in White would also be a great choice (probably a little easier to work with).

syritt

(0) Hearts

Both of Illamasqua's foundations didn't work for my skin. It basically was just awful after about 30 minutes of wear, no matter if they were worn by themselves or mixed. I think it was a reaction to some of the ingredients.

Manic Panic on the other hand, was just fine. Highly recommended for stage makeup, especially if it's more casual than clowning.

That being said, (from experience) pro grease paint lasts until you take it off and will make you clown/mime white - and can be matte if powdered. Also comes right off with shaving cream.  

mafan

If you really need white for stage, you should get white stage makeup.  It's really different than what Sephora sells, and you'll have a heck of a time finding something in white. Plus, it's not that expensive from a quick Google search, so it's not like you'll miss out on a lot of points.  I know that really light skinned women have a hard time finding a foundation light enough to suit them and they still look natural, which white is not.

(I love Noel Streatfield's books about dance and the stage.  I think it's in Ballet Shoes where the oldest girl is going for a screen test and doesn't understand why someone else needs to do her makeup when she's been doing her makeup for the stage for years.  The makeup artist says something like "You use grease paint, right?  I use Max Factor."  What Sephora sells is Max Factor. :smileyhappy: )

EmmeXOXO

(0) Hearts

I'm having trouble sourcing good quality stage makeup. My local brick and mortars carry nothing but cheap "clown white" which I'm positive will not react well with my sensitive skin.

JustACostume

(0) Hearts

Ben Nye and Snazaroo are good, I saw a girl who painted her entire body purple with Snazaroo. Also check out something called pax, it is supposed to be very long wearing and perfect for full body.

Esdee

I'll second this one.  If you're using it for stage work, you *really* need to buy stage makeup.  Stage lights react completely different than standard lighting that you'd wear regular makeup under, so stage makeup is specially developed for use under stage lights.  Not only does it appear differently, but it can also chemicalize differently, due to the heat and light abuse you'll be getting.

EmmeXOXO

(0) Hearts

I may have oversold the stage ;-) The place I'm performing is well-loved, but a little on the dive side. The stage is lighted but far, far away from anything like Broadway.

brennn

Illamasqua has a white skin base; it's shade 1. It's meant for mixing to lighten up foundation so i'm not sure how it would work on it's own.  Maybe check some blogs for swatches?  The normal skin base foundations are about medium coverage but can be built up relatively easily. 

EmmeXOXO

(0) Hearts

I found Illamasqua after I posted the question. I'm going to give their Skin Base Foundation (1) a try! 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I was just going to say that as I scrolled. I know a lot of people that mix that with their fdn to make it lighter

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • aviscardi
    • mafan
    • syritt
    • brennn
    • EmmeXOXO