anasamanoo

Foundation

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi I'm a new Sephora buyer here. I am trying to look for a new foundation. I have oily skin, especially my nose which really irritates me because no matter what products I use, it always come back. I been searching and I am undecided on which one to buy. I want to know what you guys think is best for me to use. I want a foundation that is oil free and leaves a matte finish. Makeup forever hd, stila, or nars matte ? Thank you !

anasamanoo

Re: Foundation

(0) Hearts

I use smashbox photo finish primer as well, sometimes "that gal" by benefit.

anasamanoo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am currently using the formula 10.6.0 

cleanser, mud mask, and acne cleanser, then I put witch hazel in my face, dry and them put loreal texture perfector to sleep. When I apply my makeup, I use the loreal texture perfector day/night cream.

i want a meforum to full coverage. I use benefit porefeasional primer and agent zero shine but it doesn't work.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

What skincare are you using? This can attribute to oiliness. A primer can also help makeup to stay longer and stay put, along with using powder or a setting spray after foundation to set everything.

I'm oily combo, and always used a light to moderate coverage foundation that's lightweight. After changing skincare my oiliness has decreased a lot - I used to blot all the time.

Oil-free usually means mineral oil free, as it can be an irritant.

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

What level of coverage are you looking for? Most matte foundations on the market have medium to full coverage. I still haven't found one that is sheer or has lighter coverage. There are some BB/CC creams and tinted moisturizers that have a matte finish and light coverage though. 

Here are some foundations that have matte finishes:

• Estee Lauder Double Wear - full coverage
  • Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder - full coverage
  • Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation - full coverage
  • Lancome Teint Idole Ultra - med to full coverage
  • Tarte 12 Hr Full Coverage Foundation full coverage
  • NARS Sheer Matte - med to full coverage
  • Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme - med to ful coverage
  • Becca Ever Matte 
  • Clinique Stay Matte - light to full coverage (strange but true)

For those tinted moisturizers, some people like the NARS tinted moisturizer and the Smashbox BB cream

The Makeup Forever HD is really a hit or miss if you have oily skin. It either lasts all day or not at all. It lasted about 2-3 hours on me. 

nhunka

(0) Hearts

_5148299.jpg

I can recommend Nars loose powder for sheer  matte coverage. Seriously, this thing is my favorite beauty product now. It does not cake at all, no matter how much product I put on. It barely covers anything, but overall gives a very nice polished, even look. Can be used alone or as a finishing powder.

And the great thing is , it costs only $35 and has 1.2 oz of product! It also comes in a compact, same price but about three times less the product. 

JayReed

(0) Hearts

My two favorite foundations for oily skin and that are excellent at keeping me matte all day is Hourglass Immaculate Foundation and Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.  These are the most long wearing foundations for me. The MUF didn't really last all day for me. Stila I tried a couple years ago and the same with it. Make sure you are using good primer as well! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • nhunka
    • JayReed
    • andyhtrieu
    • anasamanoo
Photos1