lillyjumper

Foundation

(0) Hearts

I just ran out of my foundation (well almost out!) and I need to stop in for a new foundation. I was thinking of getting the Tarte amazonian clay foundation, but the newish powder foundation also seemed awesome! Any advice? I have oily skin and breakouts around my chin, redness around my nose, and uneven skin tone/ mild breakouts on my forehead. Any other suggestions other than those two ideas are also awesome!

kimchikween

Re: Foundation

(0) Hearts

Ditto on the MUFE Mat Velvet foundation - provides decent coverage but is not too heavy. 

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

I would check out the MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation. It's amazing!

jaimelove

i've been using the tarte airbrush powdered foundation for a week now and i love it :smileyhappy: i have rosacea, so i've got uneven blotchy patches, redness, and dry patches on my cheeks and with the smooth operator (they changed the name, but i think it's still the same thing) underneath, my skin looks amazing. i am so impressed with it! the first time i used it i didn't use the smooth operator with it and i could still see some of the redness on my left cheek (it's much worse than the right one, and i was having a flare up) but with the smooth operator it's completely covered :smileyhappy: my skin has cleared up a bit since then so i may try using it again without the smooth operator just to see what it looks like on it's own :smileyhappy: 

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your review/help! My main concern with the powder is that it could look cakey with a concealer under or over, and the finish wouldn't be the same... If you dont mind-what brush do you use? The Tarte brush or just another kabuki?

mascaranick

Im a big Fan of the Make up forever foundation- i have more on the dry side skin. however i was just in sephora yesterday with a friend of mine and she needed a new foundation-she also has oily skin, redness...when she got her skin tested the best choices that popped up where the make up forever-either the face and body or the HD foundation (my personal fav),both the coverage is fantastic.

daetp

(0) Hearts

I am also on the hunt for a new foundation. I just recently ran out of the Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup. I have oily skin and this works pretty good. I still get oily though as nothing seems to really stop the oilies from coming. 

lmgr

Hello, 

I have oily skin that's dehydrated, and am prone to breakouts. I haven't tried the ones suggested so far, but I did use Dior Nude BB Creme. It's AMAZING.  My skin stopped breaking out.. I even wore it to the gym. It lasted through my work outs and wouldn't break me out. I ran out and thought I could get a slightly cheaper option and went for the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, which I completely regret. I miss my old BB Creme.  I've also tried Make Up Forever HD Foundation, which my skin ate up and didn't help my breakouts.  I also tried products by Clinique, like their Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer but it didn't really work either.  After my current tube runs out, I'm going back to Dior and sticking to it.  Hope this helps!

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

For some reason, the LM tinted moisturizer breaks me out....I will look at the Dior BB, I have heard some amazing things about it!

lmgr

(0) Hearts

Ask for samples at your store. That's actually how I got hooked on the Dior one.  I've been asking for samples of primers because I'm on the hunt but so far..nothing.  Every product that made my "cant live without list" has been through samples.  Open to suggestions if anyone has any..unless its Porefessional. 

Natural32

hey , i have oily and acne prone skin and i just bought the tarte bb cream (white tube) and it works great. I love this bb cream so much because once i apply it it looks so natural like i' m not even wearing makeup. I don't need that much coverage though which is why i got this one. For you i would definitely suggest the amazonian clay foundation(liquid) for more coverage and it also has spf which the powder doesn't. I've heard many reviewers say it works really good with the tarte pore primer(purple tube). Hope this helps!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

The normal Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation worked absolutely TERRIBLE for me, but I've heard some good things about the powder foundation. My favorite right now is the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation.

Greyes

HeYyY Lillyjumper,

I have been using the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation is Fair Honey for about a month and I absolutely love it! It is very light feeling on your skin and I have dry skin and very sensitive so0o I break out, but this hasn't irritated or made me feel itchy once! Idk about you but sometimes powder foundations are drying and make me itchy, this doesn't do that! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • lillyjumper
    • Mollycj
    • jaimelove
    • glossyguru
    • Natural32
    • Greyes