lizzy8586

Foundation

(0) Hearts

I have oily acne prone skin and it also very sensative what foundation would fit me best to control shine throughout the day?? I currently use the Clinique even better foundation in neutral..

ellismakeuplove

Re: Foundation

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have very oily skin too and I use the Revlon colorstay foundation - for me it works perfekt :smileyhappy:

may you want to watch my foundation routine video on youtube, I hope that helps.

:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would suggest you look at MUFE's Pro finish powder foundation or their Duo Mat Powder foundation or Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation . Any of these would be great choices.Hope this helps!

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Yes the tarte 12 hour amazonian clay foundation is great... though it is full coverage.

There is a loose powder from Cover FX called the matte setting powder and that works wonders!!! Keep super oily skin matte all day. I usually apply it over my liquid foundation.

lizzy8586

(0) Hearts

I use the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel and mh doctor gave me a acne cream,, what shade would i be in the tarte foundation 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Just responded to your other thread in regards to the color you'd match to in the Tarte foundation.

Though gel moisturizers are good for oily skin, you might consider using a moisturizer with SPF to protect your skin since you're using a prescribed acne medication cream. Did the doctor state to use it in the day too? Or are you only using it at night?

Try looking into Peter Thomas Roth's Clini Matte SPF 20 moisturizer (light weight and mattifies plus minimizes the look of pores) or Murad's Oil Free Mattifier SPF 15 (a tad thicker, but still very efficient in mattifying). Double check with your doctor to be sure none of the ingredients will combat or cause issues with the acne treatment you're using.

For a primer, which will help hold your make up better along with tackle issues like oil control, try looking into Cover FX's Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment, Benefit's Porefessional, or Givency's Mister Mat. Again, double check with your doc to be sure none will interfere with your acne medication if you have to use it in the day time.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Try looking into:

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation, great brand that's suited for sensitive skin, void of many filler ingredients that can irritate, the amazonian clay is perfect for oily/problematic skin to mattify and control oil, medium to full coverage, natural finish

Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Make Up, same in the line you currently use so it shouldn't irritate or cause issues for your sensitive skin; however, it'll focus more on oil and shine control and won't clog pores with added oils.

Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Pressed Powder, variety of shades, has clay extract to absorb and control shine and oil, mineral pigments cut down on the chances for irritation, powder formulation rests well on oily skin

By chance do you use any oil control or acne treatment products? Be it primer or skin care?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • lizzy8586
    • ellismakeuplove