lillyjumper

Foundation

Hello all!

Does anyone have any long wear foundations suggestions? I have tried everything-primer, setting spray... and for the MUFE it just slides off my face within a few hours :smileysad: Any suggestions??

lillyjumper

Re: Foundation

(0) Hearts

That is another great idea! I forgot about that foundation! how is the coverage? is it medium or more full?

sn22

(0) Hearts

Did you try the MUFE Mat Velvet? I assume you we're talking about the hd foundation. 

Also the tarte Amazonian clay 12 hr is quite long lasting. 

lillyjumper

I have not tried either of those! Thank you for the suggestions :smileyhappy: have anyone had good or bad experiences with either of these?

sn22

(0) Hearts

I have breakout prone skin and neither one of these bother me. I prefer the Mat velvet because it's more of a liquid texture while the tarte one feels kind of mousy. But sephora hardly ever has my shade in it.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

humm... I should go to a store to get matched or see if my HD shade carries over. I am very pale as it is, so I need to get matched foundation instead of the "do it yourself" approach :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

Which combinations have you tried together? What skin care products are you using underneath? How are you applying product?

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I have tried the MUFE primer and powder with UD de slick, LM powder and primer. have been using murad moisturizer underneath, but let it sit before I start foundation.

lylysa

Which primer to be exact, and is it the matte powder or the Pro Finish/multi-use powder?

I take it the LM is for Laura Mercier? Which powder and primer are you using from that line?

Which specific moisturizer from Murad?

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

It is the primer and powder from the MUFE starter kit. 

I use the regular primer from Laura mercier (you were correct on that!) and it was the invisible loose setting powder. Forgot to mention have also tried the Rimmel stay matte powder and it was worse :smileysad: 

Moisturizer is the skin perfecting lotion. Have also used moisture surge from clinique, but I use that mostly at night

lylysa

(0) Hearts

What foundation are you using sandwiched between the MUFE primer and the HD powder? Is it the HD liquid foundation that comes in the starter kit as well? The finish and formula may not agree with your skin if you notice it not setting as well or if skin is oily as the HD liquid foundation has a satin/natural finish, you might opt for something that's a little more matte to where the "moistness" of the formula won't prevent the foundation from actually setting.

I know you've posted a couple of threads in regards to face/complexion make up, but give us a run down of your skin type and foundations you're using in combination with the MUFE and LM products.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I have used the HD founation, the tarte foundation powder, and revlon color stay (not that bad, but the smell was so bad I couldn't continue to use every day) I have acne on my chin and forehead, and black heads around my nose, with a few break outs there every so often. my cheeks are normal, but can get dehydrated. the t zone is an oil spill in the sun, and even in the winter (dont really have winter where I am), it breaks down the foundation within a few hours, and slides off. I want something that is long wearing and sets better on my skin than the HD and hopefully stays on longer!

lylysa

Try either MUFE's Velvet Mat liquid foundation or Tarte's Amazonian Clay liquid foundation. These formulas are a tad thinner than the KVD so you'll get that nice matte finish with oil control without feeling like you have as much on.

lillyjumper

Thank you for your help :smileyhappy:

lylysa

You're welcome! :smileyhappy: Play around with your routine, perhaps one foundation will work better with one particular primer, mix and match and give it a couple of tries and compare results and wearability!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • reflectsgold
    • marydiva
    • stephyd216
    • lylysa
    • MysticalAngel