lillyjumper

Foundation

Hello all!

Does anyone have any long wear foundations suggestions? I have tried everything-primer, setting spray... and for the MUFE it just slides off my face within a few hours :smileysad: Any suggestions??

Alygal90

Re: Foundation

(0) Hearts

I second the Kat Von D foundation. That's was my HG (until they discontinued my shade). It has a really full coverage and doesn't feel too heavy, IMO. I also have acne-prone skin and this doesn't bother me one bit.

The Tarte has comparable coverage but for me, it wear off and feels kind nasty after about 5 hours. You really *feel* it on your skin too.

If you don't need really really full coverage, I've heard great things about Marc Jacob's Genius Gel Foundation. 

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

good to know about the Tarte foundation! currently leaning towards the KVD foundation or double wear...

jaha8005

(0) Hearts

Definitely Mac Pro Longwear.  It feels a bit "lighter" than Estee Lauder Double Wear, blends better than EL and isn't quite as drying on me as EL.  Color stays true all day and it wears like iron. 

MysticalAngel

(0) Hearts

I second the MAC Pro-longwear foundation! Feels really nice on my skin and 1 pump (for my face) is all I need. I've been wearing it since November and I haven't broken out from it.

Never tried the EL Double Wear so I can't really compare.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Good to know! im a little worried that it will break me out. Has anyone had that issue or have you all been fine with it?

tinkyw

(0) Hearts

Apply Benefit Stay Flawless and it will stay all day and into the night.  At least it does for me.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the primer recommendation :smileyvery-happy:

marydiva

(0) Hearts

I love the 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation. :smileyhappy:  I use it with Smashbox Blemish Control Primer and it's great.

lillyjumper

Ok! Now I have a lot to look at and see what could work for me!

btmod2

Hi lillyjumper,

I highly recommend trying Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Foundation. It is extremely long-wearing and it has wonderful coverage! I recommend setting it with a lightweight translucent powder for extra staying power. My favorite powder to use with this foundation is Too Faced's Primed and Poreless Powder. It is incredibly finely milled and gives my skin a matte, natural looking finish. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

JayReed

I use the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and it is amazing. If you are anything like me (super oily) set it with a good powder. I use MAC's mineralize skin finish and sometimes a setting spray. Also make sure you are using a good primer! :smileyhappy:

debbean1990

I third that!!! Estée lauder is the HG foundation for me!!! No cake face at all!!!

missey1973

I second the Estee Lauder Double Wear of KVD foundation.

meecheroo

Revlon Colorstay. I have acne/oily skin, and I use it with the beauty blender. The blender can be purchased from Sephora.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I have tried that and love it, except I could not stand the smell!

andyhtrieu

Try Estee Lauder Double Wear. It lasted all day on my oily skin when I was at Disneyland during the summer. It has a very nice long lasting matte finish that isn't dry or cakey. 

lillyjumper

Great idea! have heard a lot about it! Will have to go to a macy's or something to get color matched!

stephyd216

I just started trying this foundation, after using either KVD Tattoo Foundation or Hourglass Immaculate Foundation... I LOVE it!

Missie772

I love the Lancome Teint Idole 24 hour wear. I normally use it with Hourglass primer and then the foundation. I set it with Rimmel Stay Matte powder but on special occasions I will use the Guerlain powder. 

I also really like the Laura Mercier Silk Cream foundation as well because the cream foundation lasts longer than liquid foundation on my skin!

reflectsgold

(0) Hearts

2nd teint idole.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • reflectsgold