Greyes

Foundation with blue tinge for fair skin Beauties!

HeYyY Beauties!!

I have been researching about florescent lighting. I used to have a makeup mirror that changed lighting so0o that you knew what you would look like under different light bulbs. I am in an office with extremely yellow florescent lighting, mainly because the bulbs are ancient and no one cleans the lighting cover....grrr >(8( but I digress...I read online that to balance out the exclusion of the the red pigments in florescent lighting, blue tinged makeup is the most flattering. I was wondering if you beauties knew of any foundations that have a blue tinge to them preferably ones that would match my fair skin.As always any recommendations are appreciated! >(8D)

lylysa

Re: Foundation with blue tinge for fair skin Beauties!

The basis of blue cancelling out red is actually the same principle based on the use of blue mascara making the whites of eyes look whiter because it shifts the focus to the white rather than the slight red in the whites of the eyes.

Blue helping to magnify while (or paler tones) is also applied to blue hued lip gloss which makes teeth look whiter. Benefit had a sheer gloss with micro blue shimmer called California Kissin' that was meant to enhance teeth. Lipstick Queen recently brought out a blue toned lipstick, which when applied has more of a mauve finish or a raspberry look to do the same thing.

Granted it's not as common to find foundations that flat out advertise or market blue pigments in their formulas, you can always look into blue tinted primers like the HD Microperfecting Primer from MUFE:

MAKE UP FOR EVER - HD Microperfecting Primer

It's meant to give more radiance to fairer skin tones

And though it might sound a touch artsy, the MUFE Flash Palette is actually great for working into foundations to customize what you already have to better suit your undertones or do the job of neutralizing/canceling out pesky undertones you don't want to have be visible.

MAKE UP FOR EVER - 12 Flash Color Case

It's also great to mix colors into lipsticks/glosses to change them up some too!

Greyes

HeYyY Lylysa!! 

Wait, so0o if I buy the MUFE flash palette I can mix colors in my products?!! That's genius! I was checking that out the other day and had no idea what it actually was LOL thank you!! My only hesitation with the MUFE primer is that I used the green one to cancel out the redness I had from my skin being irritated. I found it extremely drying! Are all the primers the same in consistency-wise? If the green is drying will the white one be?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

It's hard to say how your skin would exactly react to the blue primer or any of their others. I would advise getting a sample in stores just to see.

The Flash Palette is wonderful for a multitude of uses, from creating your own cream blushes (you can mix a touch of color with moisturizer to thin it out some and make it more moisturizing, (plus easier to blend), create cream shadows (you can even mix some with a colorless eye shadow primer to help lock down the formula), customize lip colors, alter foundations/concealers (you can create your own neutralizing products to ward off any discoloration). and for Halloween coming up, you can use them to draw/paint on creative designs and dab glitter on them due to their creamy consistency to providing some "sticking" power.

MUFE does have precautions on select shades and where they can't be used on (due to specific pigments not deemed safe around the lid/lip area):

Precautions:
Do not use following colors near the eyes :002 - 005 - 017
Do not use following colors on the lips :003 - 010 - 014

This palette is a Sephora-exclusive and contains Gold 004 (metallic gold), Coral 002 (vibrant coral), Turquoise 000 (light turquoise), Fuchsia 005 (bright fuchsia pink), Yellow 013 (vibrant yellow), Brown 023 (dark brown), Silver 003 (metallic silver), White 010 (pure white), Red 017 (bright red), Bright Blue 014 (bright royal blue), Leaf Green 008 (bright green), and Black 011 (pure black).

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • Greyes