chrystaelliot

Foundation recommendation?

(0) Hearts

I need a foundation that will cover my red uneven skin tone. I just got to college and I take a very long time to do my makeup and it is such a nuisance to achieve the skin I desire . I need something that will not anger my breakout-prone skin, cover unevenness without a ton of blending and mixing foundation colors. The unevenness is not horrible but it is enough to bother me. I have dry skin when I have not applied moisturizer but after moisturizer and makeup it gets oily throughout the day. My derm has me on a retinod (sp?) and I have already gotten one peel and during my next break I plan to get another. helpppppppp

tinaaz

Re: Foundation recommendation?

(0) Hearts

I highly recommend Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation. It covers everything, comes in a wide range of colors, and LASTS FOREVER, seriously. Definitely worth picking up a sample! :smileyhappy:

chrystaelliot

(0) Hearts

do you use any powder over it? I really am obsessed with makeup forever but it reaks havoc on my skin :smileysad:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Try looking into a mineral based, gentle/nourishing powder such as Tarte's Amazonian Clay Mineral Pressed Powder (from a very gentle line void of parabens, sulfates, and many synthetics) or Smashbox's HALO Powder (enriched with 48 minerals, 11 amino acids, and encapsulated water molecules).

lylysa

Try looking into Lorac's Natural Performance liquid foundation, it's an oil, paraben, sulfate, synthetic fragrance, and synthetic dye free formula that is gentle on skin, gives a soft finish and won't make skin look cakey:

swfupload_5316836291928145930.jpg

You might also consider a BB cream like the Detox Black Label BB Cream from Dr. Jart, which is designed to soothe easily irritated skin that also suffers from break outs:

swfupload_9216316836394068998.jpg

BB creams give light coverage than a foundation and wear very natural.

You might also consider a color correcting primer which will help your make up go on smooth and last longer throughout the day.

Cover FX has their Anti-Acne and Mattifying Primer:

swfupload_2054177528841278675.jpg

It contains 1% salicylic acid to keep pores clean.

Clinique's Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15 has a sheer green tint to neutralize redness and provides a smooth surface for make up:

swfupload_2522357883671012283.jpg

chrystaelliot

I will get some samples and see how they do thank you!!!

kimchikween

Ditto on the Dr. Jart - It's one of my go-to's during the fall/winter.  I don't have much time to get ready either (rather sleep a little) and it's a quick and easy application.   The pump makes it real easy to use.  I think there is a small travel size you can get to try it out (squeeze bottle).

michmo

LYLYSA's suggests are spot on.  I really like Lorac for my sensitive skin.  It has never caused a breakout and it gives me stay all day makeup without looking cakey.  I usually top mine off with the LORAC POREfection powder to set it.

I also use the Dr. Jart Black Label on days I feel like using a BB.  It actually gives me pretty good coverage.  It blends really well and easily.  It is a one shade type of thing but the way it blends makes it easy for many people to wear.  

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

I would suggest the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15.

I have acne prone skin too. It goes between slightly oily and dry depending on what I am putting on it. This foundation covers red marks from old acne spots nicely.

chrystaelliot

(0) Hearts

Is that the powder? Should I apply it immediately after my primer or wait a little while? I'm using the Dr. Brant pores no more oil free primer. It works perfect but it pillows, I think that is the word, when applying face makeup. And, THANK YOU !

Cheer14

(0) Hearts

I also use the Tarte for my acne, redness and oil. It is a liquid, and I found it worked better when letting the primer dry a bit. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • pearlgirl7
    • lylysa
    • michmo
    • tinaaz
    • Cheer14
    • chrystaelliot