brinasrose

Foundation recamendation for dry skin?

[ Edited ]

I really want to try a high-end foundation and I have pretty dry skin! I want natural, lightweight medium-full coverage, nothing cakey or unnatural please! 

I'm leaning towards trying Benefit's Oxygen Wow Foundation, but I'm willing to try anything! Any recamendations? 

beautylovingirl

Re: Foundation recamendation for dry skin?

(0) Hearts

YSL's Touche Eclat foundation

Dior Nude Skin Foundation

Dior's Forever Flawless Perfection wear makeup.

Hope this helps!

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I've had good luck with Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation for my dry skin.  My skin type changed recently so I had to completely overhaul my products.  I've found that the Teint Miracle does leave my skin feeling hydrated at the end of the day, true to claim, and it doesn't overemphasize any dry patches I might have going on if applied with a light hand.  It's been really, really hard to find face products that don't draw attention to dry patches, so that was a big plus for me.  It's also nicely lightweight -- I tend to forget I have it on.

I don't know that one can get full coverage with it, however, but it can certainly be built up to medium coverage.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

The WOW foundation is nice--very lightweight, but not medium or full coverage.  I have combo skin, so I can't vouch for how it would be on someone dry.

I do, however, suggest you watch 2 videos by Lisa Eldridge on YouTube.  She suggests formulas by name for those with dry skin on a more recent video, but a bit earlier on this year did a full look on a mature lady who obviously had dry skin.  The finish was absolutely stunning!  I think she used Bobbi Brown's tinted Balm, but go watch to be sure.  = )

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Brinasrose, 

Try adding a hydrating primer and you can get away with nearly any foundation! :smileyhappy: They do wonders at keeping your skin feeling and looking soft and not dry. I love the Smashbox Hydrating primer since it is so lightweight:

swfupload_2239906147466198658.jpg

As for foundations, I like the Benefit but it is a slightly bit more light in coverage than if you want medium-full (which is my personal favorite too!)

Try a cream makeup like bobbi brown or Laura Mercier for some hydrating yet natural looking coverage:

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

swfupload_471268736206311784.jpg

Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Foundation

swfupload_1229740926163089182.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kd006

(0) Hearts

I have the same type of skin and Benefits hello flawless oxygen wow is amazing. It does give medium coverage and definitely does not look cakey. But, I have to say, I have been LOVING the hourglass illusion oil free tinted moisturizer lately. It gives medium buildable coverage and just looks beautiful on the skin. It gives me such a nice glow. Also, look into investing in a beauty blender. It gives us dry skinned girls a great flawless application of any foundation. Honestly, it can take the worst foundation for my skin and turn it into beautiful!

brinasrose

Thank you for your recamendations! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • lovelyred139
    • brinasrose