drammaqueen57

Foundation or BB cream? = confusion

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello! So at the moment I am looking into getting a BB cream or foundation for everyday use. My skin is combination and I do have occasional breakouts. I'm looking for something to give me pretty good coverage but not look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. I was leaning towards Bobbi Browns BB cream but have heard many mixed reviews on it. And I don't even know where to begin with foundations. Any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help, thanks! 

calamityjane85

Re: Foundation or BB cream? = confusion

(0) Hearts

For a while I was using Smashbox cc cream paired with MakeupForever mat velvet plus. That gave me a nice finish, but I found I looked a little greasy still half way through the day. For a completely matte finish I am now using CoverFX cc cream with Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder--it looks perfect!

with that said welcome to the quest for finding the holy grail of foundation:smileyhappy: 

bitchasshoe

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D lock-it tattoo foundation.  Holy grail of all the twenty or so high end foundations that have landed in my foundation graveyard.  It's super pigmented most people make the mistake of using way more than they need (I use a half pump or so maybe 3/4 of a pump). It's perfect because it is matte, lasts 16 hours on me with no primer, can be sheered out for color correction and can also be builded up to a concealer for all my acne. Use a beauty blender sponge to apply.  If you really do. Want a bb cream tarte makes a really nice one as well (the skinny tall one not the shorter one).

Jedo

(0) Hearts

I had the Bobbi Brown BB cream and I loved it. When I worked at a place where I had to be sort of dolled up I wore it several times a week and was fine. I think it would work great for you since it can be worn several times a week (maybe daily) and looks natural. 

I have similar skin to yours. My skin is combination (tends to be on the oilier side in summer) so I did have to oil blot once or twice a day which is normal for me anyway. As for break outs, I did not break out anymore than I did when I go all natural but if you are acne prone I suggest washing your face thoroughly (cleansing oil + usual cleanser / usual cleanser + toner) before bed.

I will have to say though that the coverage isn't amazing. I think at best I got a medium coverage with it but it did look natural. I only had cakeyness problems when I applied too much in certain areas. If you have problem areas such as dark circles or redness around the nose you are going to need to use concealer. And of course a setting powder will help.

I have also heard good things about Smashbox's bb cream. If possible try to get samples from Sephora. They should give you enough to last several days to a week to test it out : )

mrsessie

(0) Hearts

Smash Box BB Cream is the best!!! I also have combination skin. I am a nurse and where it to work and it last all day. I love it. I am wearing it in this pic below with some light conturing.1458565_657858947568425_1106163090_n.jpg

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Lancome Teint Miracle is a liquid foundation that gives a natural finish. It doesn't feel heavy on and water based, so good for acne/sensitive skin. Also helps even out redness. I usually dab concealer on acne, and set with powder and/or UD spray and it lasts. If you do decide on Lancome, departments stores and their website usually have nice a gwp.

I recently bought the Sephora BB set, haven't tried yet. Have heard the Smashbox BB cream doesn't cover redness around nose. If you have redness, try a CC cream..Lorac doesn't feel like anything is on and is made without irritants.

http://www.sephora.com/bb-buzz-P382578?skuId=1552140

http://www.sephora.com/cc-color-correcting-cream-P379033?skuId=1497809

Skin type: oily combo/sensitive/acne prone

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • drammaqueen57
    • Jedo
    • mrsessie