lillyjumper

Foundation for Sensitive, Oily, and acne prone skin

(0) Hearts

I am looking for either a powder or liquid foundation. My skin is super sensitive around my "t-zone" and I tend to have a lot of breakouts that I want to cover. My coverage preference is medium to full coverage!

I feel that although liquid has great coverage, powder can help me keep the oil under control a little better...

Any foundation suggestions and brushes to use with said foundations would be amazing!!

Thanks so much!! <3

Also- I am very pale... Which makes buying foundation hard.... Anyone else with these issues?

sugarluvv

Re: Foundation for Sensitive, Oily, and acne prone skin

(0) Hearts

You should try the clinque powder foundation, great for oily and acne prone skin

JamieDawn

[ Edited ]

I have basically the same problems, shade and coverage preference and honestly I'm still trying to work it out and find my favorite. But my go to is Revlon Colorstay in 150. It's affordable and I like it more than my expensive foundations. I also like the whipped version too. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush with the foundation. I have the Sephora Airbrush foundation brush, but this one works much better at like 1/3 the price. 

I know Clinique has an acne foundation but I find that it really highlights any dry patches on my skin and makes it look awful.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I have that one, but as much as i love that it has no smell and it does something for my acne and doesnt break me out, it makes me look a little orange. i got the wrong shade... which doesnt do much good for me :smileysad:

Spyski

(0) Hearts

The Revlon Colorstay has a great matte finish to it, but smells awful to me. I found a dupe for it even though it's pricier it has no chemical smell which is the Lancome Teinte Idole foundation. They both have a medium to full; buildable coverage. I use the Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush, but the Real Techniques brushes are great quality for drugstore brand!

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I have tried the color stay, but had to throw it away due to the smell alone... I really dont like the smell of wet paint! I will have to take a look at the Lancome foundation, and I love the that you can build the coverage!

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Hi there, Lillyjumper!

By chance did you take a look at your previous thread?

I posted some suggestions to check into:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Great-foundation-for-Sensitive-Oily-Acne-prone-skin/...

Tarte is an excellent line as it's formulated to be suitable for sensitive skin, uses natural mineral pigments, and is formulated without many synthetics and fillers such as sulfates, parabens, and other ingredients that may irritate.

If you want some other options, Clinique's Stay Matte Oil Free Liquid Foundation helps with controling oil, sweat, and shine and offers buildable coverage.

Hourglass' Immaculate Liquid Powder Mattifying Foundation is another option that has skin nourishing ingredients and vitamins in a buildable liquid formula that dries down to a powder finish. The formula does help to mattify skin while remaining breathable on skin.

lillyjumper

I did! i was interested in those, but I wanted a few more suggestions from others before making my list to go try them out in store! I am so indecisive... I love Tarte makeup so much, I might just have to go buy the powder because it looks amazing and everyone raves about it! But then again, the liquid foundation has awesome coverage... I can't decide and know that if i get both I wont use them all up....

lylysa

Having both would offer you a lot more flexibility and range than having just one item, and considering that if you get the liquid you would still want to finish with a powder, sticking with a product/line you like and know could benefit your skin and decrease chances of any irritation.

You can always have the powder to top off your liquid or use it on days where you want a more natural/lighter make up look and reserve the liquid for when you need fuller coverage or for special outings. Depending on what shade you would need, Tarte has a great set that has a smaller size of their AC liquid foundation plus their maracuja oil (passion fruit oil enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants), mascara, and a cute carrying case!

swfupload_1271350643800431108.jpg

lillyjumper

OMG That is adorable! Love it!!! now i think I need it :smileyvery-happy: thanks for your help! I think I might actually "have" to get now :smileyvery-happy: you are awesome!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • lillyjumper
    • JamieDawn
    • Spyski
    • sugarluvv
Photos1