taylor097

Foundation for REALLY pale skin!!?

I'm a natural redhead so I've been cursed with extraordinarily pale skin with a cool/pinky undertone! I have mild to moderate acne and some redness on my cheeks that I'd like to cover up but finding a foundation with a light to medium coverage that is light enough is a giant challenge. I'm not just pale, I'm sickly white and every single foundation I've ever tried is much too dark for me. My skin is acne prone and oily, especially my nose!!! The foundation I wear now is 1 or 2 shades too dark but I wear it anyways and its the cover girl clean oil control makeup in ivory, I usually wear drugstore because I don't live near a Sephora but in a few weeks I'm visiting family and will be able to make a trip. I'll post a picture of me with no makeup on, but beware my eyelashes are invisible and my skin was breaking out pretty bad at the time!! Thanks so much everyone who answers :smileyhappy:

No Makeup.jpeg

mxcx

Re: Foundation for REALLY pale skin!!?

(0) Hearts

For the coverage and skin concerns you talked about, I would really recommend checking out Hourglass Immaculate Foundation. It's specially formulated for oily skin, and it's the only foundation I've found that can even begin to combat my oily and acne-prone skin. Plus the coverage is medium, but you can build it up to full. It dries down to a velvety, matte finish and can even eliminate the need for a separate setting powder. 

I'm not sure about your shade selection, but I have a friend who is also a redhead and super pale, and she said that Hourglass Immaculate has been the best match for her. From what you describe, it sounds like you would go with the shade Vanilla.

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D's tatto foundation comes in some very light shades, and I hear a lot of people with pale skin talk about how well her shades work for them.  Could be worth looking into!

starletta8

Three words for you that will change things (like they did for me- we're of similar color):

Bobbi Brown Alabaster.

It's available in a bunch of formulas.

For reference, don't even bother looking at Benefit (all too dark), MUFE is really dark. NARS Monte Blanc is also one to check if you have time- but really... run to Bobbi Brown.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • taylor097
    • starletta8
    • DesertRose0706
    • mxcx
Photos1
  • No Makeup.jpeg