RachelMaee

Foundation for Acne Prone Skin?

(0) Hearts

I'm looking for a foundation that would be good for combination and acne prone skin. It doesn't need to be full coverage though, I actually prefer ones with a little bit of a lighter coverage as I will just use concealer to cover blemishes anyway! One of my favourite foundations that I've tried is Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundations but it only lasted about a month before I ran out of it! D:

Another thing to keep in mind is that I have a very oily t-zone but from using perscription strength acne products I tend to have spots of quite dry and peeling post acne marks :smileysad:

Thanks!!

niki24

Re: Foundation for Acne Prone Skin?

[ Edited ]

Try Everyday Minerals Matte version of mineral foundation. I used to be all about Clinique, but that was causing acne for me (very harsh ingredients) and switched to Bare Minerals. That worked for awhile and cleared up my skin (Matte version) but doesn't seem to quite get rid of the t-zone oil. Recently swapped to Everyday Minerals (everydayminerals dotcom) and it works! I wish Sephora sold it in their stores, because it is amazing foundation!!

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

I love Everyday Minerals! I've been using it for 5+ years.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

On a side note, Beauty Talk does allow for the mention and bringing up of outside brands, but it does frown upon outside links, be it for videos, websites, surveys, blogs, etc.

You can still send outside links via personal messages to users, but mods generally step in and remove outside links from threads/posts eventually.

The matte formulation of Bare Minerals will help absorb and control oil to an extent, but it does give fuller coverage as matte finishes generally tend to and since it's a powder based foundation.

If you wish to stick to powder foundations but not necessarily matte formulations, Too Faced and Benefit have some options to look into that allow for more flexibility and control by allowing you to build up coverage.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Have you considered using a BB cream?

They're lighter in weight and formulation than a traditional foundation so they allow your skin to breathe a bit easier, they also help address a slew of issues while maintaining a very natural finish coverage.

Dr. Jart has a BB balm and a BB gel, so depending on the feeling you can pick which is gest for your skin. I would probably suggest the gel as you have an oily t-zone and the water based formula will sit better on your skin type.

http://www.sephora.com/water-fuse-smart-gel-bb-P377560?skuId=1494152

RachelMaee

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually had a sample of a Dr. Jart BB cream before and I really liked it! :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Awesome! The balm and the gel have two very different textures, but I think the gel is the way to go with what you've made mention of your skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • niki24
    • cherrybombtastic
    • lylysa
    • RachelMaee