Egyptiann95

Foundation and powder

(0) Hearts

So i've been using urban decay's naked foundation, and i was wondering what i should apply over it, like for an airbrushed look. Would a finishing or setting powder be better than a colored powder? I also have oily skin, so my makeup doesnt really last for long either.

and im also going to be going to egypt during the summer and its gonna be really hot and humid, so what would be a good makeup routine to keep my makeup from looking all sticky and stuff 

crayzeeRN

Re: Foundation and powder

Finishing powder is definitely a good idea! My personal favorite is Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. To keep your makeup lasting longer, I'd also suggest using a primer (are there any you have tried?), as well as trying Urban Decay's De-Slick Spray. Not only does the spray help to decrease the oil your skin produces and keep your makeup in place, but it also helps gives a flawless finish so you don't look powdery at all!

lauramercierloosepowder.jpgde-slick spray.jpg

Egyptiann95

(0) Hearts

Thanks crayzeern! I'll try bothh. Should i apply the setting powder then the setting spray or should i use them separately? and I use the bare minerals oil control primer at the moment and it seems to be working

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

De-Slick says to use it before your foundation and then again after the finishing powder. I would advise putting your mascara on AFTER you finish using the spray!

Egyptiann95

(0) Hearts

Alrightti, Thanks again!

ashleynne

I agree with Crayzee, Laura Mercier's loose setting powder is my absolute favorite. You get over double the amount of product compared to all the other setting powders for a dollar or two more. The consistancy is very soft and silky. As for the de-slick I've always wanted to try it but I've never been a fan of being of getting sprayed in the face. lol Yeah, she definitely gave you some great options!!

crayzeeRN

Haha ashleyenne, I too was a little weirded out by spraying something in my face at first! It is a very light mist, however, and you really get used to it, and it can be rather refreshing :smileyhappy:

ashleynne

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

lol  I'm too paranoid of any beauty mists because I'm an oil field as it is. and adding liquid on top of it I'd afraid it would give it more reason for my makeup to become patchy and keep it from being matte. 

onomotopoeia9

I have the naked foundation too and I wear it with mufe hd microfinish powder. It looks and feels silky smooth and since its colorless, i can put it on after applying everything, including eyeshadow and blush, and it all stays, looking exactly how I put it on but more perfect looking.

sephoralovex

Cover FX Matte Setting powder.. it's a loose powder and keeps your face matte. I've noticed when i touch my face wearing it, it feels like i have nothing on my face. Also, keeps your face flawless!

carrierose

I am really loving my NARS loose powder in Eden to go atop my foundation or BB cream.  It is light-feeling, very mine-milled, and doesn't put much color on the skin, though it helps my skin look airbrushed.  I have oily skin too and I am really liking how it keeps down the shine.  It is expensive but a little goes A LONG way and I've read reviews that say that people's first pot is still going strong after 2 years.

Sephora doesn't sell it anymore for some reason, but you can still find it elsewhere.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • carrierose
    • crayzeeRN
    • ashleynne
    • onomotopoeia9
    • Egyptiann95