Foundation and Concealer Melting

(0) Hearts

So, due to recent bursts of sunshine, and me having to wear my wayfarers for hours on end, I realized that my foundation and concealer melt in the sun. Some people say the only solution is powder foundation. But what about concealer? It melts on to my glasses Smiley Sad I have no idea what to do, it's not that it's cheap, it just can't take the heat...I have tried setting spray...help?

Re: Foundation and Concealer Melting

(0) Hearts

Waterproof makeup.  No simpler answer.  ; )

(0) Hearts

Ok I guess I'm confused on this I thought she was saying just her concealer was melting off.Smiley Tongue   So @Jaynet are you saying both are melting on to your sunglases? What foundation are you using because I agree with the Powder Foundation and a mattifiying primer and try setting with MUFE's Mist and Fix.

(0) Hearts

In addition to taking into account the amount of product you're using and the type/formulations being used, are you using any primer or setting spray to help your make up last any longer? Sometimes prep work and finishing steps can make a world of difference in terms of helping your make up last longer.

(0) Hearts

you can try kevyn aucoin sensual foundation/consealer  but use it as concealer, they sell that in Nordstorm. get a sample first because its expensive $45 for a tiny pot.

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of concealer melting, how much are you applying. Give me the steps of your makeup so I can see if I can help.

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem when I am in the sun or heat.  I think the only thing that might  totally prevent the makeup transfer to your sunglasses is waterproof  or transfer proof makeup.  I have never tried one so I can't make any recommendation.  In the meantime, I just keep cleaning my glasses. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation