JayNet123

Foundation and Concealer Melting

(0) Hearts

So, due to recent bursts of sunshine, and me having to wear my wayfarers for hours on end, I realized that my foundation and concealer melt in the sun. Some people say the only solution is powder foundation. But what about concealer? It melts on to my glasses :smileysad: I have no idea what to do, it's not that it's cheap, it just can't take the heat...I have tried setting spray...help?

jennypenny1995

Re: Foundation and Concealer Melting

(0) Hearts

Waterproof makeup.  No simpler answer.  ; )

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Ok I guess I'm confused on this I thought she was saying just her concealer was melting off.:smileytongue:   So @Jaynet are you saying both are melting on to your sunglases? What foundation are you using because I agree with the Powder Foundation and a mattifiying primer and try setting with MUFE's Mist and Fix.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

In addition to taking into account the amount of product you're using and the type/formulations being used, are you using any primer or setting spray to help your make up last any longer? Sometimes prep work and finishing steps can make a world of difference in terms of helping your make up last longer.

redrose04

(0) Hearts

you can try kevyn aucoin sensual foundation/consealer  but use it as concealer, they sell that in Nordstorm. get a sample first because its expensive $45 for a tiny pot.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of concealer melting, how much are you applying. Give me the steps of your makeup so I can see if I can help.

garnett

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem when I am in the sun or heat.  I think the only thing that might  totally prevent the makeup transfer to your sunglasses is waterproof  or transfer proof makeup.  I have never tried one so I can't make any recommendation.  In the meantime, I just keep cleaning my glasses. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • garnett
    • redrose04
    • JayNet123