Kaylaash1

Foundation & Eye shadow problem!

Hi there, my name is Kayla 

Ehm, I have a few issues and i don't know how to treat them and with what for example: 

whenever I put any eye-makeup on, like eye-shadow, its always creases and mixes together horrifically...And yes I do sweat on my eyelids and I don't know why will an eye primer do any affect? Would it prevent this from occurring? 

Similarly to foundation, my foundation creases even though i put on Two Faced primer - it just doesn't do the job.

Therefore I am not sure of buying a eye-primer  or a face primer anymore. I really do need help! Can you give me advice on what to do because I get confused on how MOST people get such flawless finish and I mine stays for like 1h then it all smudges round my face... It's honestly pretty awful. I haven't mentioned but my face is dry. Whenever I'm at school my face gets all sweaty and sticky due to the hot air. But whenever i look at other females faces they're make up is just the same? Why does this happen to me? Is there something I am not using?

mxcx

Re: Foundation & Eye shadow problem!

I definitely agree with the others about using a primer, especially for your eyeshadow. I think you might just not have found the right one yet. There are definitely differences when it comes to primers, and it sounds like you might have oily skin and eyelids. 

I have super oily skin and most makeup tends to slide off my face within a couple hours of application, but I've found a few products I really love. I really really recommend:

1. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
This is amazing, and used in conjunction with the next product I'm going to mention, it helps your makeup stay so much longer. It also counteracts redness a little and feels amazing on your skin.

2. Hourglass Immaculate Foundation
I've probably tried most of the "mattifying" foundation at Sephora, and this is the only one that comes close to matching my oily skin. It dries down to a matte, powdery finish, and stays on so much longer than any of the other foundations I've tried without looking super cakey and just sliding off my face. Even if you don't try the primer I mentioned above (because I know Hourglass products are super pricey), definitely try this foundation!

3. Urban Decay DeSlick Setting Spray
This is a spray you spritz on before you put on makeup as a toner/primer and then again after you're done applying all your makeup. It gives everything a really natural finish and extends the life of your foundation.

4. Tarte Smooth Operator Setting Powder
This helps with the oiliness, although I've heard that some people like the Makeup Forever Microfinish Powder better. If you need extra coverage, I also find that setting a powder foundation on top of your liquid foundation helps it stay in place, but this might be too much coverage for you if you don't need it. 

I haven't discovered an eyelid primer that I love yet, but I've heard good things about Too Faced Shadow Insurance for oily lids. You can definitely try out samples of all these and see if they work for you, but if you don't live close to a Sephora, I highly recommend giving Hourglass Immaculate top priority because I just cannot say enough good things about that foundation. 

Hope this helped! 

Kaylaash1

(0) Hearts

Thanks very much! x

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would suggest an eye primer like the one from Urban Decay or the Lorac behind the scenes Eye Primer . What foundation are using now?

DesertRose0706

Hi Kayla, I defintely recommend trying an eye primer.  I have hooded, oily lids and f I don't use an eye primer, my eyeshadows creases with 30 minutes.  If i use a good eye primer, it lasts all day with no smudginf or creasing.  I would reccomend Urban Decays Primer Potion, Too Faced Shadow Insurance ot NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base.

As far as your foundation creasing, it could be the foundation itself.  I have issues with certain foundation creasing on my face, and no amount of face primer seems to help.  I have found that Estee Lauders Double Wear foundation does not crease on me at all and stays in place.  I would try a sample of this foundation and also, if you live close to a Sephora, go into the store and get soem samples of differet foudnations to see what works best.

Good luck!

Titian06

Hi, Kaylaash1!  For your eyeshadow, an eye primer will really help.  My eyelids are oily (and always have been).  Using an eye primer has been the best thing for keeping my eye shadow looking fresh from first thing in the morning until I take it off at night--and it doesn't crease.  I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  Others rave about UD's primer and have good things to say about Lorac's primer.  If you live near a Sephora, ask for samples of any or all three and give them a try.

For your foundation, I can't really help.  I have combo/oily skin.  I don't have too much of a problem with my foundation, even though I do sweat.  I don't use a primer, but I do use a setting powder (MAC Setting Powder).  With your dry skin, make sure you are using a good moisturizer, using a foundation for dry skin, and finishing with a setting powder.  I'm sure someone else will provide better guidance for your foundation problem. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • DesertRose0706
    • Titian06
    • mxcx
    • Kaylaash1