Manda

Foundation Suggestions

(0) Hearts

At the moment, I am currently using Silk Creme, which I love however, is there something better out there?  My skin is dry, only getting oily on the nose.  As for my color, I wear a 115 in Mufe, a rose ivory in Silk Creme, Fairly Light in Bare Minerals.  I have tried a lot of products and most foundation I have hated (either too drying, irritating, or clings to fine lines).  These are the products I have used: MUFE HD (did not find the appeal in this foundation) and Face and Body, Both LORAC liquid foundations, Bare Minerals, Nars Sheer Glow, Tarte 12 hour full coverage, Silk Creme, UD Naked (which irritated my skin), Smashbox Halo, and there are probably more somewhere.  So if there are any suggestions, please let me know.  Coverage is really not something I mind, for it can be full or light coverage.  

If there are any more questions, please let me know.

haystacks

Re: Foundation Suggestions

(0) Hearts

A big help for me is using a oil control primer on my T-zone and a regular one on the rest of my face.  Also, Georgio Armani is a dream.  A flawless, soft, silky dream. Sigh.

islandqt

(0) Hearts

Hmmm.... I think it must be asked, what exactly are you looking for in a foundation. You have tried many good ones and it seems you haven't found one that fulfills your needs.

Before I give you any more products suggestions perhaps a little more delving is needed.

Are you making sure to always moisturize your face before applying foundation? if you are skipping this step then it might explain your dissapointment. Pick a moisturizer that is suited for your skin type.

You might also want to invest in a mattifying primer JUST for use on your nose since you admitted it tends to be on the shinier side.

After you've moisturized and (optional) primed your skin then you can move onto foundation. The LM silk creme one is a very good one and if that is working for you then you should just stick with that. You might also end up liking the new Touche Eclat foundation from Yves Saint Laurent. I have oily skin so I am very jealous that people with combo/dry skin will get to test that one out.

In terms of getting a foundation that is hydrating and won't cling to fine lines I say that Estee Lauder is a brand worth looking into. I know it's not a "sexy" brand and kind of has an old feeling about it BUT they really do have quality products.

You should look at their Resilience Lift extreme or Futurist foundation.

Good Luck!

spiritualizes

I've got combo skin, my nose gets the oiliest, but recently it got a bit dry, to the point of flakes sometimes - so I found it annoying, especially when I needed to put on foundation. But here's what I recommend.

Moisturize any dry parts with FAB Ultra Repair Cream, it's light and sinks in right away, primer, and then I've been using up this sample of Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation, which I really like. I use MUFE HD too, which I think is a little bit more drying that Bobbi Brown's. Then set your nose with some powder if it gets super oily! Or if you're more worried with the dryness, a setting spray that was already talked about here is a good option too. Just remember to bring blotting paper or powder to help out with the oiliness on your nose.

Oh, I apply with my fingers or a sponge. I feel like I lose less product with my fingers, though if you have a really nice brush I'd use it, I just don't have a brush I'm in love with yet!

Manda

(0) Hearts

I have heard about the Kat Von D foundation however, considering that it is mostly for oily skin, I think it will end up being more irritation then I would like it to be.  As for the Bobbi Brown foundation, how is it?  My skin is senstive and I am afriad of having breakouts.  Think that it will cause them?  Thanks for the help ladies and if there are any more suggestions, please continue to post.

As for brushes, I use the Good Karma buffing brush from UD.  It seems to apply makeup the best.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

What about BB cream?

Manda

(0) Hearts

I've tried BB creams and I'm not the biggest fan of them.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm not either but I thought I would check , what about one of the hourglass foundations have you looked in to those?

Manda

(0) Hearts

I haven't looked into those.

tartey

(0) Hearts

I have fair, slightly dry skin as well... and I love the Kat Von D Tattoo Foundation. It's beautiful on the skin, and that's a huge thing for me to say! I have pretty horrible skin, taken over by teenage acne.. and this foundation covers it and doesn't cling to my dry bits. It seems to accomidate to my skin type... 

If I have dry or oily skin, it always seems to sit perfectly. It doesn't dry quickly, and it comes in a really wonderful color range. I use shade 44 for summer, and 42 for the winter (it's super light!)

I'd also recommend using it with a damp beautyblender, because that application method suits drier skin types! If you use a brush, it could irritate the dry bits! 

Also, I'd recommend the Urban Decay Dew Me Setting Spray. If my skin looks overly dry after I apply foundation, I spritz this on top.. and it makes everything appear less dry!! Beautiful product! 

Hope that helped!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • islandqt
    • Manda
    • tartey
    • spiritualizes
    • beautylovingirl