EvalynW

Foundation Problems! Help needed!!

Hey everyone I need some help with my foundation/primer/application. I have combination/oily skin, and I've been using the Revlon Colorstay Combination/oily skin foundation. This spring and winter i have LOVED this foundation, for it covers so well and stays forever. However, where i live it has been getting up to 105 degree weather, and my makeup has been smearing and kinda coming off in the middle of the day. It also hasn't been setting into my skin as well (it looks cakey-not like it used to) and also it doesn't blend well anymore. Does anyone know of a good primer to help with this? or maybe a better brush/application technique? I'm currently applying it either with my fingertips or just a foundation brush. 

I don't know what to do anymore, i'm getting super frustrated! Maybe its time to try a different foundation? 

anyways, help would be appreciated!!

alicia130

Re: Foundation Problems! Help needed!!

(0) Hearts

Although it seems counter-intuitive the Smashbox hydrating primer helps a lot with flakes. You also might want to try exfoliating with something acidic (preferably glycolic acid). It will help with oil and flakiness. Hope this helps!

beautylovingirl

I just have to say that like the others I have tried every form of liquid foundation there is and still never got the results I wanted until I switched to a powder foundation the difference to me can't be compared I have no desire to wear anything but the powder formula also.

mityren

Totally agree. I have flaky/dry skin on my cheeks, my forehead is an oil slick, I won't even talk about my nose!  Liquid just enhances all that. I tried baremineral last summer and never looked back!

jennypenny1995

Amen, sistah!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

You might find, like I did, that changing to a powdered-formulation of foundation will work where a liquid won't.  Even the best of foundations in liquid form were still sliding around, caking, and settling into lines.  It was GROSS feeling by the end of most days. 

(My personal preferences are on my Profile.  LOVE the powder formulation!!)

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

During the winter, I consider my skin oily/combination and use heavier moisturizers and foundations.  But when the temps rise and I'm out in the sun more, I treat my skin as oily skin and stay away from heavy foundations and use light moisturizers.  In the winter, I wear Stila Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer (similar to Revlon Colorstay) but I switch to Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream for summer.  BB creams may not have as much coverage as you like though.  Look for a good primer and setting powder as miabt suggested.  Keep experimenting.....hope you find something that works!

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi EvalynW,

I wouls suggest trying a mattifying primer, such as LORAC POREfection Mattifying Primer.  It will help keep your foundation from slipping :smileyhappy:

LORAC - POREfection Mattifying Primer

http://www.sephora.com/porefection-mattifying-primer-P379962?skuId=1556463

You can also try a setting powder to help set your foundation.  The Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder is one of my favorites

Laura Mercier - Loose Setting Powder

http://www.sephora.com/loose-setting-powder-P109908?skuId=870618

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • alicia130
    • jennypenny1995
    • mityren