Misdameanor

First Time Foundation User....late 20's. Any suggestions?

I need help! I have always used powder foundation, but as I'm getting older I find it starts to settle into my fine lines. I really would like to try a liquid foundation, but I have no idea where to start. I would like full coverage, because I do have slight acne scarring from my teenage years. I like the airbrush look, but would like to keep it somewhat matte; I don't need the look of dewy skin because I do get oily in my T-Zone. Any suggestions??!

beautylovingirl

Re: First Time Foundation User....late 20's. Any suggestions?

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D's foundation it has amazing staying powder and has a gorgeous flawless finish. You can also set with her setting spray or I love the HD powder from MUFE. Hope this helps!

Misdameanor

I have heard great things about Kat Von D's foundation, but I can never find it anywhere! I've even tried to go into multiple Sephora locations but apparently it's the stuff to buy right now cause it's always out. I'll have to keep trying!

jennypenny1995

Matte + full coverage + oil-free + liquid = Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation.  It's got buildable coverage, too, for areas you might have post-breakout marks or redness.  A pea-sized amount goes a LONG way, so a tube should last most peeps a year or so.  Good stuff!

Misdameanor

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the info! I'm open to trying anything, so I'll definitely pick up some and see how it works!

kd006

(0) Hearts

I like the laura mercier silk creme foundation. Full coverage. Satin finish. But it keeps me matte enough through my tzone. I have combo dry skin, but my friend has oily and she uses it also and loves it. I use the size of a dime for my entire face so the foundation will last you forever. I wear it everyday and i've had it for about six months, so the price is worth it to me. I also agree with aviscardi, if my makeup is getting a little cakey I will use a setting spray as well. Urban decay makes a great one. I would love to know which foundation you try! Let me know!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Have you tried setting sprays? they reduce the look of powder on your face and it looks more skin like

my favorite foundation is mufe mat velvet, and if you want something light/medium to buildable the hd is great. it has a satin finish. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • kd006
    • Misdameanor