lolo76

Favorite sheer/light face foundation?

I love the way foundations make the face look natural unlike powder foundations but find I hate the feeling of them and they are often more covering than I'd like. For someone with an oily t-zone, what's your suggestion for lightweight sheer to light coverage foundation? ---No tinted moisturizers or BB please because I'm allergic to most of the chemical SPF's in them :/

Or do you like to mix moisturizer with foundation? I heard that's a great option.

Thanks!!

jennypenny1995

Re: Favorite sheer/light face foundation?

(0) Hearts

Funny thing: I wore a sample of a liquid foundation to work this week out of pure curiosity.  * ran home to wash the mess off! *

aviscardi

[ Edited ]

My lightest coverage foundation is the Chanel Vitalumiere aqua. really lightweight on the skin and gives it a nice glow. I am combo so im not sure how it would hold up on your oily skin. but you can set it, thats what i do with all of my liquids. - It has SPF15, so im not sure if its chemical but...

Another great one that is light - medium coverage with a natural skin like appearance is the urban decay Naked Skin

lolo76

(0) Hearts

I've been thinking about the urban decay naked skin, I'm just nervous it's going to be really dewy. I might get a sample, thanks :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

On my combo skin I don't find it Dewey at all.   I prefer matte finishes so to me it's satin. 

laurabt

Hi Lolo76, here are some great options of sheer coverage foundations with no SPF.  For your oily t-zone, I would suggest using a mattifying primer underneath. :smileyhappy: -Laura

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation.jpghttp://bit.ly/L1VVQY

GuerlainTerracotta Skin Healthy Glow Foundation Second Skin

GuerlainTerracotta Skin Healthy Glow Foundation Second Skin.jpg

http://bit.ly/1bec43r Effect

Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel

Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel.jpg

http://bit.ly/13qyBbR

jennypenny1995

Have you tried Lancome's Dual Finish foundation?  If not, you MUST!  I'm a nurse, so lasting ability is a huge plus for me so that I have no redness by the end of the day and controlled shine.  I wear it, swear by it, and don't even need concealer anymore (mostly because of my skin care routine change this Spring), yet I don't feel like I have an ounce of makeup on my face.  You can apply it with a dry sponge for really sheer coverage or a damp sponge for buildable coverage.  Never settles into lines or pores, great shade range.  Amazing stuff!

lolo76

(0) Hearts

The Dual Finish Powder? I've heard really good things.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Yes, Dual Finish.  Filter Lancome's foundations on Sephora dot com, and you'll see it listed.  Truly, I have NO desire to wear any other formula.  It's that good.

aviscardi

Do you have shade range matches? I went to check it out a few days ago and didn't find any shade i liked.

lolo76

(0) Hearts

If you look on Lancome's website they have a ton of shades, I think Sephora probably doesn't carry them all.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • jennypenny1995
    • lolo76
    • laurabt
Photos3
  • NARS Sheer Glow Foundation.jpg