gongju87

Favorite setting powder

Hi Ladies,

So what are your favorite setting powders? I like to use a loose setting powder after my foundation, and then I use a pressed for touch ups during the day.

Any recommendations for a loose setting powder? If it helps with oily skin, that is a PLUS!!!

clarks18

Re: Favorite setting powder

(0) Hearts

I have oily/combo skin and my two favorite setting powders are Tarte's Smooth Operator and Smaskbox Photo Ready Powder.  They are both loose powders and are around the same price.  I like the Tarte one a little more because you get double the product for the same price.  When I use either of these powders I don't have to do any touch ups throughout the day.  I hope you find something that works for you!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Guerlain Meteorites, by far and away, is the best setting powder I've used in any form.

kelsey808

(0) Hearts

I've tried a lot of setting powders and my favorite is Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder! I first purchased it at the BB counter but I was so happy when I realized they carry it on Sephora's website! apparently there is a loose powder version also but Sephora doesn't carry it, but the pressed is perfect for setting foundation (BB cream in my case) and concealer and keeps me from looking oily! it's available in a couple of different shades but my favorite is the pale yellow which really helps out with any redness but doesn't add any noticeable yellow tint to my makeup!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I used to use Bare Minerals mineral veil and I love it (in fact I didn't realize how good it was for me until I started trying other products). It does not add too much product if you use a fluffy brush and it does not give a white cast look.

I had some deluxe samples to finish so I have also tried Tarte Smooth Operator (much more of a white cast even with a light hand and it didn't last as long as BM). I also tried MUFE HD powder (there is less white cast with this one compared to tarte, but I will have to use it a little more to test the lasting power).

Something new I picked up (for so cheap) is Rimmel Stay Matte. I got the transparent shade which is not white so there is not much alteration to your natural skin tone. Unfortunately this is a pressed powder, but the application is very similar to the loose powder. I just take my kabuki brush and press it into the powder and apply it only in my T-zone and this baby works wonders! I am so impressed how matte I have stayed and how my makeup has looked after a long hot day.

kimchikween

I have used tarte smooth operator finishing powder with success both to set my foundation and undereye (have to be careful when you apply so you don't get that overly white/ghost look)

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

The Tarte Smooth Operator is my all time favorite as well! So much product.

ginger304

(0) Hearts
  • I luv make up forever hd high finish powder.the best..i bought the empty Sephora powder dispenser so I can carry it everywhere and it gives just the right amount of powder and no spills in my make up case!!! its a win  win all the way
Meg82

(0) Hearts

I like NARS light reflecting powder (they have pressed and loose versions).  It's pretty good for oil.  It doesn't necessarily prevent oiliness, like if you sweat it's gonna look like you are sweating, but it does cover it up when you put it on.  I think with an initial application, and touch-ups throughout the day you could keep oil pretty under control.

lolo01

(0) Hearts

My fav are Guerlain Meteorites and Hourglass 

LarissaRayeXo

(0) Hearts

ladies you should try Marcelle Translucent Powder leaves a flawless finish hypoallergenic . one size container lasts up to 6 months.

DeltaGammaGirl

(0) Hearts

I have oily skin as well and my ALL TIME favorite is a new product I have been using. It is pricey, but it is amazing. The guerlain meteorlites in teint beige. They smell amazing, have great packaging, and they really just make your face look vibrant and fresh. I cant even explain how beautiful it finished over foundation.

For a less expensive finishing powder than the meterolites I use the make up forever setting powder but find that it leaves my skin kind of blah with no glow whatsoever but it does help with oil!

gongju87

I'll let you know if I become an addict today! dun dun dunnnnnnn

beautylovingirl

Oh don't worry I already know your gonna be:smileyhappy:

gongju87

@beautyloving girl...guess where I'm going after work today....Dior Counter! I really want to try the Forever Flawess foundation after hearing how much you love it :smileyhappy:

Maybe I should conside the loose powder too, sounds like it controls oil a bi.

For pressed powder I have to say I'm on the fence between the Dior Retouch and Guerlain meteorites!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I think you need to try both. There's alot of the girls on here that adore the meteorites and you might too and even if you get the Dior Foundation you can always use the Guerlain powder with it.:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I'm already sure you know my answer,but in the loose I got the Forever Flawless from Dior and I don't touch up that much with pressed powder but I also  have the Forever Flawless in the Dior which I know I already mentioned to you. I usually just touch up with oil blotting papers.:smileywink:

syritt

(0) Hearts

I have combo skin, so I don't know how great these are for really oily skin, but they might be worth a try.

I used to use MAC powder too. (Awww. Sorry Gongju that MAC does such a number on you. I hate when that happens with products I used to love.) I got a sample of the Tarte powder and that was actually pretty good.

However, the pressed powder from Inglot is pretty much the best I've found, and it basically eliminated my need to use anything else for setting or touch ups. I wish so bad Sephora carried it.

gongju87

(0) Hearts

Aw, I always get a lil sad when I hear MAC mentioned :smileysad: I used to love MAC face products, but they broke me out something scary so I can't use them any more :smileysad:

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I had the same problem! I was and am still horrified. I used their Studio Fix Powder, had a really nice and even face. Then I started getting a ton of red little bumps on my cheeks, which have never gone away. & the redness sucks too :smileysad:

Titian06

(0) Hearts

I use Mac's Setting Powder.  It's great as a setting powder; but as someone who has combo skin, it's OK at best for oiliness.  I used to use BE's Mineral Veil, which I loved; and it's great for oiliness.  I didn't like how heavy it felt on my skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • ginger304
    • beautylovingirl
    • syritt
    • clarks18
    • starletta8