lovelyred139

Favorite Products for a 'Luminous' Look?

Lately I've been getting really into the glowy, luminous face look now that I have a skin type that can handle more shimmer.  Since I've mostly been achieving that "Cate Blanchett as Galadriel" look by abusing the hell out of my NARS luminizer, I'm curious to know what everyone else's favorite products are for when they want a little -- or a lot -- of glow.  My usual beauty partner in crime is terrified of shimmer unless it's on her eyelids, so I'm coming to you all for some enabling recommendations.  I'm sure you won't let me down!

sephoralovex

Re: Favorite Products for a 'Luminous' Look?

(0) Hearts

Benefit Watts Up! Love this for lumious glowing look.

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If you prefer liquid illuminators, I love Benefit High Beam -- it's very easy to use and the slight hint of pink brightens the whole complexion. You can control how much you apply (I always apply it to my hand first with the brush, then to my face, rather than directly onto my face). I dot it onto my cheekbones, brow bone, cupid's bow, etc., and blend for an all-over glow.

I also love the NARS Multiple in Copacabana -- it's more subtle than the Illuminator (liquid), and I find it much more user friendly (but that's just me). It's easy to carry with you, too -- you can apply it easily anywhere, and it blends well. It also lasts for ages! My Copacabana lasted a little over a year with daily use. :smileyhappy:

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

I loveee using the Benefit creaseless cream eyeshadow in bikini-tini to get that glowy look. Its light enough so its not overpowering the rest of your makeup =)

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Depending on where I want luminosity I have a few favorites.

For an all-over luminous look I use fresh's Twilight as a primer. Or, I use tarte smooth operator Amazonian clay illuminizing serum (this one has more shine factor and, for me, works better in the winter months).

For specific luminous spots, I have totally fallen in love with benefit's Watt's Up.  I have had a hard time getting other highlighting products to look natural on my face, but Watt's Up is  idiot-proof (which apparently I need).  I also love smashbox fusion soft lights in baked starburst.

On a different level, I have started using a face oil in the morning (thin layer) and have noticed a nice dewy youthful glow.

Bumblee

(0) Hearts

If you're going for a luminous look that appears natural, try a light dusting of Guerlain meteorites or slight touches of Becca shimmering skin perfector (highly recommended by Lisa Eldridge -- just the best Youtube makeup artist ever).

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

If I didn't have such oily skin, I'd wear it: YSL's Touché Éclat Foundation.  The best!

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I've definitely had my eye on the Touche Eclat foundation but can't justify the price quite yet.  Maybe in a month as a pat on the back for surviving my first year of grad school...

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Congrats on grad school!  My husband is 1 year in, too.  Talk about a life change, right!?

kenny

(0) Hearts

Lancome's Teint Miracle is a very good foundation with a slightly dewy/glowy finish, that works well, even for oily skin (with a primer). It has medium, buildable coverage and is a little cheaper

viviene23

I like to use guerlain meteorites all over face for subtle glow and benefit watts up or high beam on my cheekbones.

onomotopoeia9

Dior shimmer powders are great because they give off a visible shimmer without looking glittery

My next favorite if benefit girl meets pearl, and after that is the nars copacabana

dianabt

I love glowing radiant creams and sticks!

My current favorites are the Benefit Girls Meets Pearl

swfupload_2916078111118632520.jpg

Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer

swfupload_1670154876107234360.jpg

and Smashbox Artificial Light (for a liquid format) and the Soft lights (for a powder)

swfupload_9165342294317186500.jpg swfupload_1829355148319056021.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kenny

I love Benefit High Beam and Sun Beam, and Too Faced Candlelight powder. Also the Hourglass Ambient lighting powders are amazing! I have Diffused which gives a more subtle glow, a few of the other shades have more shimmer to them.

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

Ooh, those Hourglass powders are very tempting.  Ethereal's got my name written all over it.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Dior Shimmer powders in Amber Diamond and Rose Diamond. Hope this helps!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I've found that Lorac's Oil Free Luminizing Powder and Tarte's Amazonian Clay Shimmer Powder to be beautifully smooth to apply and gives an even, luminous finish to the skin without looking chalky, dusty, or dry. Both are beautifully, fine milled powder highlighters that look subtle and effortless.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex
    • dianabt
    • jennypenny1995