Faking un-sensitive skin

I've been having irregular flares of redness and roughness from irritation, and I know you're supposed to refrain from makeup, but sometimes, you have to look presentable. I need a makeup product that can be my SOS. Smiley Happy

For the record, I've asked BT many times about skincare (thank you!), and I'm still experimenting. But meanwhile, I just want something to slap on and go. My current HG foundation is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, but I can be enabled. Smiley Tongue

Re: Faking un-sensitive skin

I have the exact same skin type!

What has worked for me is Korres Greek Yoghurt Sleeping Facial! - And drinking maaaaaaany glasses of water a day. 

About slap and go. I have found that Guerlain foundation works wonders for me (and oh my, I have tried maaaaaany foundations) and hides my redness and is great at covering up roughness. (I always use Hourglass Mineral Veil primer underneath, love it!) Sometimes when I get breakouts or weird dry spots (yay for crazy and weird sensitive skin) I feel that foundation actually emphasizes my bad skin. That's when I just reach for my Mac mineralize concealer and over that I put Mac Mineralize skinfinish natural. It evens out my redness and kind of hides my unhappy skin. When I get super redness I use Mac's Prep + Prime Color corrector in yellow. I haven't tried IT cosmetics bye bye redness but I have heard that it works great. I'll have to try it one day! 
But as for now, this stuff that I have mentioned is working well for me Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]

I am going to agree with Guerlain. I have pretty sensitive skin and Guerlain didn't cause irritation nor made my skin itchy.

(0) Hearts

Woof, Guerlain! If only my Sephora carried it. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad  I haven't tried any MAC products yet (so behind, right?), but I'll check it out! Thanks! Smiley Happy

sephora in oakbrook does, ev!

I have been looking to try the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye redness. It seems to be a product geared towards this type of stuff. I know it isn't sold at Sephora though. 

(0) Hearts

I've tried the Bye Bye Redness, but it was too drying. Smiley Sad  Thank you for the suggestion, though!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation