evno

Faking un-sensitive skin

I've been having irregular flares of redness and roughness from irritation, and I know you're supposed to refrain from makeup, but sometimes, you have to look presentable. I need a makeup product that can be my SOS. :smileyhappy:

For the record, I've asked BT many times about skincare (thank you!), and I'm still experimenting. But meanwhile, I just want something to slap on and go. My current HG foundation is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, but I can be enabled. :smileytongue:

vinga

Re: Faking un-sensitive skin

I have the exact same skin type!

What has worked for me is Korres Greek Yoghurt Sleeping Facial! - And drinking maaaaaaany glasses of water a day. 

About slap and go. I have found that Guerlain foundation works wonders for me (and oh my, I have tried maaaaaany foundations) and hides my redness and is great at covering up roughness. (I always use Hourglass Mineral Veil primer underneath, love it!) Sometimes when I get breakouts or weird dry spots (yay for crazy and weird sensitive skin) I feel that foundation actually emphasizes my bad skin. That's when I just reach for my Mac mineralize concealer and over that I put Mac Mineralize skinfinish natural. It evens out my redness and kind of hides my unhappy skin. When I get super redness I use Mac's Prep + Prime Color corrector in yellow. I haven't tried IT cosmetics bye bye redness but I have heard that it works great. I'll have to try it one day! 
But as for now, this stuff that I have mentioned is working well for me :smileyvery-happy:

Manda

[ Edited ]

I am going to agree with Guerlain. I have pretty sensitive skin and Guerlain didn't cause irritation nor made my skin itchy.

evno

(0) Hearts

Woof, Guerlain! If only my Sephora carried it. :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:  I haven't tried any MAC products yet (so behind, right?), but I'll check it out! Thanks! :smileyhappy:

ireneh

sephora in oakbrook does, ev!

sn22

I have been looking to try the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye redness. It seems to be a product geared towards this type of stuff. I know it isn't sold at Sephora though. 

evno

(0) Hearts

I've tried the Bye Bye Redness, but it was too drying. :smileysad:  Thank you for the suggestion, though!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • Manda
    • sn22
    • vinga
    • evno
    • ireneh