njattana

Fading makeup cure?

Regardless of the foundation I use, I find myself having some serious issues with its appearance after a few hours and I'm not sure what the problem or cure is. Basically it looks like it moved or wasn't blended properly? I'm not sure if that makes sense... but it just becomes very obvious I'm wearing foundation and it ends up looking caking even though it was fine earlier. I don't live in a very hot area and I don't have oily skin but it does kind of set into areas like when you have just been sweating. For day-to-day I just use (a light-medium coverage) foundation and some spot concealer so pretty minimal makeup too. Anything quick and easy that would fix this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy:

melissabt

Re: Fading makeup cure?

(0) Hearts

I also find that setting it with a mattifying primer and a locking spray helps a lot! Also, using a matte primer underneath also helps keep your make up from disappearing.

Sephora Collection Anti-Shine Foundation Primer

anti shineee.jpg

<3 Melissa
makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

+1 on the HD powder, I also like Clinique's Redness Powder.

And this may not work for everyone, but I've found that my makeup actually stays on better now that I use a face oil. It's so balancing that my skin doesn't over-produce oil. The Peter Thomas Roth CC I use is also somewhat creamy, but especially when I set/ touch-up with the Clinique Redness Powder it stays on well throughout the day. I have combination skin so I think keeping my skin in balance is the key to keeping my makeup in place. I don't use a primer currently.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I agree on the HD powder that @bearsmom  suggested I love it it's my personal fave and my HG finishing powder.

beautylovingirl

I would go with the suggestions of either the setting spray or setting powder or you could carry oil blotting papers instead of adding more powder than can look cakey if you apply too much in one area. Hope this helps!

clarks18

The Hourglass is amazing.  I bought it recently and it is amazing.  I have an oily t-zone and this primer goes on light and keeps my t-zone matte all day.  It also keeps your makeup looking fresh.  It is almost more of a liquid than a thicker cream texture like most primers.  It also does not have that silicone feel.  Also maybe changing up the way you apply your makeup.  Maybe purchase a new brush or give your brush a deep cleaning.  Also wetting your sponge/beauty blender helps create more of a smooth finish.  Best of luck.

janinebt

Hi njattana,

You've already been given some great advice! Are you using a primer and setting spray with your makeup routine? If not I'd highly recommend adding them to ensure that your makeup will last all day. My personal favorites are Hourglass' Mineral Veil Primer SPF 15 and Kat Von D's Lock N' Load setting spray.

swfupload_107986445647332139.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-spf-15-P210575?skuId=1074442

swfupload_3030155144991056789.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/lock-n-load-makeup-setting-mist-P279623?skuId=1298272

Whimsically yours,
Janine
njattana

(0) Hearts

Do you find setting sprays to work better than powders?

MaybeMaybe

(0) Hearts

You'll get the best results if you use BOTH

njattana

(0) Hearts

even for everyday?

bearsmom

I think tht depends on your level of makeup sliding/melting.  Try one product, if you need more stay-put power try a second, and if you still need a bit more help tad a third product.  You will probably not need all 3, but isn't nice to have those options??  And if you make 3 separate sephora orders you can use 3 codes for free products!!!!!  

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Have you tried a powder-formulated foundation?  I personally love Lancome's Dual Finish foundation because it never cakes or settles into fine lines while still lasting all day.  You can apply it with a damp or dry sponge for full down to sheer coverage, too.

poshified

A few tips I've learned in making my makeup last:

1) Primer, primer, primer. Enough said :smileyhappy:

2) Pat your foundation in with your fingers, as opposed to using brushes.

3) Set with powder. Press the powder into your skin. Don't brush your foundation away.

Hope that helps!

bearsmom

You just need to set your makeup.  Use a primer you apply foundation and when you finish your makeup set it with a powder.  I recommend Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light and  Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder.  Whatever brand foundation and concealer you use also probably makes a primer and setting powder as well.

njattana

(0) Hearts

Should it be specifically a setting powder or any light powder?

MaybeMaybe

(0) Hearts

You want one that describes itself as a setting powder or a finishing powder.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • njattana
    • janinebt
    • poshified