Face makeup never lasts

(0) Hearts
Spoiler

Hey all - I need some help!

I start work at 8 and by about 1-2, all of my makeup has faded and started to break up on my face. I have acne as well so it unfortunately starts to peek through. Even if I touch up with concealer, it will only give me like another two hours or so and it still looks far from how I started the day off. My skin is pretty oily, but I also have dry patches that my makeup start to cling to by that time. 

I've always had issues with this even with using different products, but I currently use:
Caudalie SOS Serum
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer water
L'oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation or Physicians Formula Organic Wear BB Cream
Nars Creamy Concealer and/or Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer
Physicians Formula Bronzer
Tarte Blush
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer water

I've tried a couple of primers and powders with the above, but they didn't seem to make a ton of difference or they made my face super dry and cakey.

Thanks!

Re: Face makeup never lasts

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I had the same issues! I recently just switched to Wander Beauty's line and have seen better results.

I use Clinique's moisture surge, and acne solutions liquid foundation. They had a great powder foundation which they discontinued (bummer!). But Wander Beauty has a decent primer and powder that have been working well for me. We will see if my skin becomes resistant down the line!

(0) Hearts

Hi @andrearenee18,

I agree w. @scarletpuppy64. I use the same routine and haven't had any issues.

Hope it works for u.

Hi @scarletpuppy64. Are you by any chance associated with Wander beauty?  Most of your recent posts seam to be promoting the brand? Thanks!

(0) Hearts

Actually, @scarletpuppy64 and I are makeup addicts and love to try the new and upcoming brands. So far this one is a hit in our Polish community. Thanks for showing such interest and concern with her account.

P.S. there are still brand loyal customers out there!

xo

Seconding this.. @MariekeBT does Sephora/BT have policies re: posting without disclosing brand affiliation?

Wander Beauty officially engages with BTers fairly frequently. This parallel barrage of obviously promotional posts without proper disclosure makes me question the integrity of the brand.

Hi @TriesToBoClassy & @lmi82, I've sent you both a PM! 

XOXO,
Marieke

Thank you! @MariekeBT Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

Just to add: the first time i noticed (and commented on) an obvious Wander Beauty plug, it was a non polish person who had an affiliate link to Wander Beauty on her IG profile.

I would love to hear an answer to @TriesToBoClassy's question @MariekeBT.

Especially since we have yet another Wander lover here. Sigh. 

(0) Hearts

Im assuming you do not enjoy their products? 

[ Edited ]

I have nothing against Wander products. 

What I do not enjoy is all of these posts that feel extremely promotional. Also, I am not the only one who feels this way. 

@Polka224 I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. I quite often look at a posters profile to gauge weather or not we have similar skin types and likes/dislikes before taking a recommendation to heart.

I'm sure you can see how it looks suspicious when someone is toting a particular line to everyone either over a significant period like a year or has little to no posting history and has only recommended a single brand.  I certainly know that a lot of us beauty junkies have brands we prefer over others for various reasons, and so brand loyalty is something that we all understand.  The product line in question has had a few accounts with this same suspicious posting history and  I simply wanted to make sure I wasn't reading advice from someone paid to promote their products.  I don't have any particular feelings about Wander Beauty other than the suspicions previously mentioned. I actually enjoy that there are brand staff available from several brands active on the boards to answer questions, however I do thinking they are meant to be noted as such in order to be clear with all members of Beauty talk. 

I also am curious like @TriesToBoClassy and @lmi82 on Sephoras policy regarding brand staff identifying themselves.  

@andrearenee18

Sounds like your skin is oily but dehydrated.

What hydrating products do you use?  I suggest looking into addressing this through skincare.  Incorporate an oil and a moistursier (with Hyaluronic acid) at night.  It will address the dehydration, and oil will balance your skin out.

(0) Hearts

I'm currently using Caudalie SOS Serum and Clinique Moisture Surge Thirst Relief both in the morning and at night, but I've never considered using an oil before. I will look into it. Thanks! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Maybe you need to see a cosmetologist?

(0) Hearts

Huh, since your oily skin gets dry and flaky, I wonder maybe it's a problem with skincare rather than makeup. Makeup can cover up dryness/oiliness/discoloration but it can't really cover up flakes. But @lylysa knows more about makeup than me.

Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 11 in conversation