ntailor

Face Primer

What is a good face primer that goes well under MUFE Mat+Velvet Foundation?  The one I currently have is the Cover FX Acne Treatment one...the one on the website is a newer version I have the older version. Which is the picture below is the one I have.   I'm not sure I really like this primer.....it's meant to reduce my breakouts (I think) but I don't think it's really doing the job.

I am looking for something that is not overly expensive either. 

makeupnyc

Re: Face Primer

(0) Hearts

I think MUFE HD does a nice job with oli control.  

ferriyal

(0) Hearts

I recommend that CARGO blu-ray Activating Face Primer.  Makeup can be heavy and feel caked on as it is. You don't need a primer to add to that mix. This light water-based primer lets your face breathe, and at the same time gives you smoother looking skin, hiding fine lines and other imperfections. It really goes hand-in-hand with any foundation you decide to use. 

Hope this helps you!

officegal

(0) Hearts

You know, I actually didn't like mattifying primers under the MUFE Mat Velvet because it felt too matte. I have oily skin but Mat Velvet can be very drying and I had a hard time blending it with matte primers. I've used CoverFX SkinPrep and Laura Mercier Primer (regular, not oil-free) underneath and felt better. I also thought that Korres Face Primer would do a good job but never got around to it.

melissabt

Hi Ntailor,

I would suggest trying the Urban Decay De-Slick In A Tube Mattifying Gel  because it really helps to keep your skin matte all day and is oil free.

De-Slick In A Tube Mattifying Gel

What it does:
De-Slick in a Tube provides oil control and oil-absorbing action in an easy-to-use formula. The gel is completely color-neutral, so it works great on naked skin, under foundation, or over makeup. It's formulated to help tighten your pores for a youthful, shine-free finish. It's a great compact-free alternative to stay shine-free day or night!

I also would recommend the Sephora Collection Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer because it really works to smooth and prime the skin and at $16.00 it is hard to resist!

Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer

What it does:
This primer evens out the complexion, hides imperfections, and helps makeup look good over a longer period of time. The first primer in the Sephora Collection infused with smoothing peptides, it goes beyond covering the skin and actually helps to smooth and perfect its texture. The Luminous shade is infused with light reflecting pigments and hydrating ceramides, to brighten dull complexions and dark spots while smoothing skin's texture.

I hope that these suggestions are helpful!

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • officegal
    • ntailor
    • makeupnyc
    • melissabt
    • ferriyal