MintShake

Etude house?

[ Edited ]

Aye, I guess I'm really curious about Asian cosmetics, hehe. I was wondering if anyone's tried any "Etude House" cosmetics, and what they'd recommend. For reference:

I have medium dark skin, combination dry, dark spots, tiny breakouts, large pores,.Mac nc50, Nars Cadiz, Nars New Orleans, Lancome Suede 510 

Onceuponatime45

Re: Etude house?

(0) Hearts

Thank you Straight Rodes!! Much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Onceuponatime45

(0) Hearts

Oh boy the sweet recipe line is the cutest thing...There are a couple of sellers that ship in the states...Looking at the pore line...that 7 in 1 toner is kind of amazing and magical from the reviews :smileywink: but we'll see..

shoppiturt

(0) Hearts

I was late to the party so I missed out on those cool ice cream nail polishes with the glitter. D: But I love the lippies that came out with that line <3

shoppiturt

Not sure how dark you mean, but Skin79 has a Bronze BB cream that actually matches me pretty well. I'm between 150-160 in D&G foundation (haven't tried MAC so I can't relate my color to it). I'm quite yellow.

I've tried Missha's #27 and #31 and neither of them is yellow enough or dark enough. I don't see how other dark skinned girls got the #27 to work for them. :/ Both of those oxidized and made the white cast. The first time I tried Skin79's it made me a bit pink but the second time I applied it lighter and it blended near perfectly. They weren't lying when they said a little goes a long way! 

shoppiturt

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I think it will match you much better than it did me! I don't have pictures of myself but I'm practically as orange as a carrot, or just yellowyellowyellow depending on the time of day. T^ T 

infinitise

If I'm not mistaken, Amore pacific owns them

I like their Makeup base called "baby cheux" that comes in green, peach, pink color depending on the kind of skin you have..

I have redness and use the green one. it also works as a primer too. 

it breaks me out sometimes though.. 

I think they have a few different kinds of BB creams, and one of them works pretty well for combination oily skin compared to other Asian bb creams. 

Their color # 23 is even dark enough to look natural on guys too

they have good eye shadows. individual ones for cheap price. I think they have the best ones compared to Innisfree, Aritaum, Nature republic, and the face shop. they have new colors every now and then 

other stuff they have are okay,.,. nothing exceptional but nothing too lacking as well. 

from what I've heard, they have great eye primers too.. 

I don't like their skin care.. are nicely priced and are funcitonal but I don't think their ingredients are the best. 

I like Innisfree better for skincare. 

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Seems hopeful. Most western skincare doesn't work for me. 

princesskat17

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Let us know if you end up getting anything :smileyhappy: Yesterday I ordered the Wonder Pore cleanser and toner, mint choux base and silky CC cream. So excited to try everything out!

princesskat17

(0) Hearts

Yay, I'm so happy I found this thread! I've become interested in Etude House the past few days and actually have the whole Wonder Pore line sitting in my ebay cart :smileyvery-happy: I'm indecisive though and am still trying to pick a BB cream. Has anyone tried any of the Etude House BBs? I'm just worried they will be too oily or not light enough for me...

infinitise

(0) Hearts

They have Cotton fit and Brightening fit. Cotton fit is almost Semi matte, but because BB creams in nature has more oil than foundations, they aren't dreamy like the Guerlain Lingerie de peau.. 

The colors are a bit "grey" like most other Asian bb creams. (pink on yellow skin is in trend, so companies are making their foundations and BB creams to be more beige or pink in color, but "grey" is said to make up for a paler skin when blended in, and covers redness better than any others) 

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

A trend with pretty much all Asian BB creams is that they are very yellow, so if that is a problem you may want to skip them.

As for oily, I've never known them to exacerbate oiliness however they are moisturizers basically so if you are already very oily you might want to steer clear.

I do not think that Etude House's BB creams are particularly dark. Their lightest one is probably somewhere about where the lightest bb creams over here are. 

princesskat17

(0) Hearts

Thanks! That's helpful and kind of what I expected. I will probably hold off on a BB cream that I can't even swatch myself.

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

I have some lipstains and bb cream from them.  I love there packaging and the products are really good for the price :smileyhappy:

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

I love Etude House. Their skincare stuff is fabulous, I especially love their Wonder Pore line. I love their highlighters and blushes. They also have some of the best lip stains/glosses. 

My favorite (although slightly older) line is their Sweet Recipe line. 

Another good Asian line I like is Tonymoly.

malday

[ Edited ]

One of the Asian brands that I've found that actually has darker BB Creams is Missha. Maybe check that out? My skintone is somewhere in between the 27 and 35 shades, leaning way more towards 27. I'm about a 4Y07/08 for reference

swfupload_1326194827265178229.jpg

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I think the darkest shade will actually work for me, lmao. 

charpic

Etude House is actually considered a drug store brand in Asia, but Asian drugstore brands are pretty dang middle-high end.  Etude House is a very princessy brand, with very cute packaging.  However, if you're looking for foundation or tinted moisturizers from them, I would not recommend that you try theirs because most Asian brands tend to have only lighter foundations/tinted moisturizers.  They make pretty good face masks, lip tints, and eyeliner.  I wish I could try their BB cream, but my skin is medium (3y07) and Asian BB creams make me look like a ghost.  

MintShake

(0) Hearts

What about mixing the bb cream with a *little* foundation or tinted moisturizer?

charpic

(0) Hearts

I've never tried that :smileysurprised:  That'll probably work!

MintShake

Yeah, i suppose if you mix equal shades and then you use powder to set it, it could work ;-; I feel like a genius xD

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • malday
    • princesskat17
    • StraightRhodes
    • MintShake
    • Onceuponatime45
    • infinitise