CharliefromNY

Estée Lauder Double Wear - SHOULD I TRY IT??

(0) Hearts

I need a long-wearing foundation.  Is Estée Lauder Double Wear the one???

CharliefromNY

Re: Estée Lauder Double Wear - SHOULD I TRY IT??

I tried the Double Wear and I LOOOOOVE it!!  It stays all day and I'm 3N1.....I tried on the Perfectionist and really liked the texture etc., and it's less drying, but the 3N1 Perfectionist isn't the same color as for the Double Wear... for some reason....in fact....if you check them on the color ID, they come up different for the two foundations....The Double Wear 3N1 is 1Y08, which is my color.  The other is (I think) is a 2.....Has anyone else had the same issue????

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Am I the only one who doesn't like double wear foundation lol? I prefer "skin-like" kind of foundation, this one is definitely not. It gives full coverage and has a matte finish. I prefer Giorgio Armani lasting silk foundation.

crod1991

(0) Hearts

I agree.. I didn't like double wear. It felt too thick on my face and the colors were horrible looking 

jaha8005

(0) Hearts

Try the new EL Perfectionist Youth-Infused Foundation.  It is like Double Wear in that it wears all day, but provides a much more natural finish, that looks more like your real skin, without sacrificing coverage.  I know this sound contradictory, but I cannot tell you how awesome this new foundation is.  It blends like a dream and it wears all day on me (from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.).  I think it would work on all skin types, but if your skin is getting "older" and you find that DW is a bit drying, give this a shot.  It costs a bit more than DW ($45) but it also has a pump (yeah!).   In DW, I was always the color "Fresco" and I am the same color in this foundation, so it makes the transition easy, if you know what your EL DW shade is.....highly, highly recommend. 

MintyLotus

(0) Hearts

I would try it. It's my current favorite foundation. The nice thing about it is that you can also sheer it out with a bit of moisturizer if you want less coverage. It dries kind of fast though, just so you know. Just make sure you're fairly well-exfoliated and such; as with many longwear foundations, they can kind of catch on flakes and such (though it's a lot better about it than a lot of foundations I've tried).

lecia1167

I wore Double Wear for years. Then I switched to Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra 24 Hour Foundation. It gives just as much cover, but it goes on so much lighter. Get samples of both and see what works for you.

CharliefromNY

I will....thanks....I can tell I'll need to go into the store....but in the end, I think that's the only way to tell....

PrettyLittleDr

It's the one. :smileytongue:

I love it because of it's coverage, how matte it is, how long it lasts, and how it doesn't transfer onto my clothes (eyes on you, light colored collared shirts)! 

It can accentuate dry patches and become cakey if your skin isn't exfoliated. But the pros outweigh the cons tremendously for me!

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  It gets such great reviews I'm going to have to give it a try....

andyhtrieu

YES!! You can ask everyone how much I love it. :smileyvery-happy:

It's a great foundation. It has medium to full coverage, a semi matte finish, and it lasts all day, even through heat. 

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

I'm going to give it a try!  Thanks all!

laurabt

@andy- Haha, Estee Lauder should pay you for how much you promote their foundation! :smileyhappy: -Laura

andyhtrieu

NARS should do the same :smileywink:

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Yes, they should!  I do like the NARS foundation too - my redness doesn't break through....it's hard for me to get a color match, tho....Every time I go into the store they match me with a different color....

emmohh

Even the new BB version of this foundation lasts quite a long time. Plus, it's great for us with normal to dry skin. My skin doesn't feel thirsty by the end of the day and still beautifully glowing.

crod1991

(0) Hearts

double wear light also works great too

fatimamummy

I use ELDW light and it works great for me, Today I brought a sample of Double wear and will use it for next few days  to see how it works. I'll suggest you to get a sample first and see how you like it. Estee Lauder counters in departmental stores are very generous about the sample size and give you enough product to use for almost a week and it is a good time period to see if you like the product or not.

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

I didn't even know there was a light!  I'll check it out....thanks!

crod1991

yes it does last very long. It is kind of hard to take off the face though. Like i would use a makeup remover towel and i thought i got it all off... then i used another makeup remover towel and more came out!! This stuff really is long lasting though

CharliefromNY

Good to know....I didn't think that it would be hard to get off!  Thanks

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • ivyxox
    • DesertRose0706
    • fatimamummy
    • laurabt
    • lecia1167