Ellis Faas samples

Hello I was wondering if there are any of you that live near a Sephora that sells Ellis Faas Skin Veil foundation?  Here is my dilemma,  I want to buy it but want to make sure that if I am spending $90 on a foundation that 1) I like it 2) it is the correct color.  I tried emailing Sephora to see if they could send me a sample, they can't.  I also sent Ellis Faas an email to see if they would and they have not responded.  I am hoping one of you lovelies could help me out.  

Re: Ellis Faas samples

(0) Hearts

Thanks guys 

Buying online is TOTALLY risk free. Just be SURE to keep the return slip in the box. No time limit on returns. You don't have to put down a reason, but wrong color sure counts.  Return postage is even free.

Go ahead. Buy online.

(0) Hearts

I was going to get it because Goss raved so much about it.  But I wanted to swatch first or at least test color.  :smileysad:

Website only, Ellis Faas customer service is abysmal - do not expect a polite response to your email, if you get one. (You'll basically be told the line is for people who can afford to buy-try-and-throw-away, not for people who need to test it first.) 

After some Googling for swatches (there aren't very many, it's harder to find foundation swatches for high-end foundations than it is for mid-range) it seems the line runs a little to the middle (that is light shades are dark, dark shades are light) and peachy. 

(0) Hearts

Grr how am I supposed to pick a color?  That really sucks!

[ Edited ]

I always google swatches and reviews -- it's not 100% reliable, but sometimes it's a good place to start, at least, and you can get a better feeling as to how the shades run (light, dark, pink, yellow, etc.). 

Thats a good idea, thanks! 

I was at a Sephora store over the weekend,..the stores do not carry that line.  Only website. :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpeg