sdbeautyjunkie1

Ellis Faas samples

(0) Hearts

Hello I was wondering if there are any of you that live near a Sephora that sells Ellis Faas Skin Veil foundation?  Here is my dilemma,  I want to buy it but want to make sure that if I am spending $90 on a foundation that 1) I like it 2) it is the correct color.  I tried emailing Sephora to see if they could send me a sample, they can't.  I also sent Ellis Faas an email to see if they would and they have not responded.  I am hoping one of you lovelies could help me out.  

missey1973

Re: Ellis Faas samples

I emailed them and told them how I had heard great things about their  foundation. However, there were no stores in my state or even in a state near by that sold them. They then email me back and said they would love to send me a sample. I got it yesterday, by ups, in a great big box. The sample contained a foundation in fair, medium, and medium fair.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

How long does it take for them to reply you?

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Bizarre, the response I got was rude and declined samples. It said, in part, that their products were "aimed at a high-end market, for those who will purchase the product they wish to try." (Which I took to mean 'We market to people with the money to toss a $90 foundation if it doesn't match them.') I asked for samples because I have allergies, a difficult-to-match skin tone, and could not locate a counter near me that carried the line in-store.

Thijs

Hi Ladymeag, are you really sure you asked someone at ELLIS FAAS, because we always send out samples to anyone interested! The answer you mention is not something anyone in our offices would give! If you could please send your request and address to info@ellisfaas.com, we will definitely send over samples!

Best,

ELLIS FAAS

sdbeautyjunkie1

I have tried emailing the info@ and the shopping@ ellisfaaas addresses and have not received a response from either. 

sdbeautyjunkie1

(0) Hearts

I just tried again. Hopefully someone will respond this time. 

ladymeag

I sent my initial request to info@ellisfaas - I will try again. Perhaps I caught someone on a bad day? 

ladymeag

Wanted to follow up on this for folks looking in the future - I emailed as above and received an email back from someone at the office in the Netherlands indicating they were happy to send along samples - I'll update when I get them. :smileyhappy: 

ladymeag

Follow-up again: I got an envelope today with four samples in it - S101, S102, S104, and S105. S101 is in a similar shade range to NARS Siberia, just a little more balanced than yellow. Not light enough for me but possibly would be a good solution for folks looking for something less yellow than Siberia. :smileyhappy: (I'll get swatches done in the next couple of days.) 

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I got 3 little foundation samples from Ellis Faas from ups today. I have been wanting to try them for a while.

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

How did you manage that? The response I got from Ellis Faas was... not friendly. 

seemee22

Try Bloomingdales. There's a SpaceNK that sells Ellis Faas' foundation.

I bought the "pen", EF didn't carry full sized bottles at the time.

jxw200

(0) Hearts

One day, i'll order this foundation too. haha! 

katief241981

Also, I have this secret fear that I'm going to love it and it will be HG status and for the rest of my life I will have to pay $90 for foundation!

katief241981

I feel your pain. I've been wanting to try too. And I know it is very easy to return if you buy online but I hate buying something and returning it because it gets wasted. Especially a big ticket item.  You would think they would rather you sample and get the right color rather than return a bunch of once used expensive foundations

melde

I looked at these with the color iq search and the colors seemed to be darker and redder than I was expecting. I'm pretty pale so I don't think I can wear any, sadly (because I wanted to try them too).

I use the color iq tool "backwards" sometimes. If you go through it like you already wear the foundation, I will tell you what color it is listed under, and you can get an idea of where it falls on the foundation spectrum. :smileyhappy:

ladymeag

I do that exact thing as well! 

melde

I wish they would just list the color id when you scroll over name or click on it, so I don't have to go through that process every time!!

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

If you know your color in MAC it's pretty easy to Google and makes picking a color easier as many people use this as a guide. I think I''m going to order S102 and Im MAC NC20ish.

sdbeautyjunkie1

(0) Hearts

Thanks guys 

SuperYooper

Buying online is TOTALLY risk free. Just be SURE to keep the return slip in the box. No time limit on returns. You don't have to put down a reason, but wrong color sure counts.  Return postage is even free.

Go ahead. Buy online.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • jxw200
    • seemee22
    • ladymeag
    • ivyxox