annypoo

Drugstore BB cream for teenage skin

[ Edited ]

My sister is looking for a BB cream and is trying to keep it drug store since she is in high school and doesn't want to splurge. What BB creams do you guys like? She has somewhat dry skin. 

notcreative

Re: Drugstore BB cream for teenage skin

I am going to sound like a broken record here, but I would suggest Lancome/Clinique/Estee Lauder during a GWP.  When you factor in all the freebies she will not have to buy for a while, the cost per item is cheaper than drugstore.  Plus, she will be getting nicer skincare/makeup than if she bought everything individually.  It is the advice I offer to every teenager or adult.

b34utyb4by

There's a L'oreal Magic one that starts out white but matches to your skin tone or the Maybelline Dream Fresh! The Garnier one is good too, but it smelt strongly of paint for me :/

andyhtrieu

I actually like the Laneige BB Cushion from Target. It's $34, but you get a refill cushion. I found that it had light to medium coverage. It evened out my skin tone and covered some scars. The only problem is that there's 3 shades, and deep is not deep. It's orange. 

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I'll have her look at it!

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

One more thing! I had a bad experience with the Garnier BB cream, so just be careful about letting your sister try it. It was VERY fragrant and it lingered on my face. They also have 3 or 4 shades, but they're more peachy than the Laneige. The Laneige shades are more neutral/tiny bit yellow. And even though I had the formula for oily skin, I STILL GOT OILY. 

annypoo

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know how sensitive she is to fragrance so I'll make sure to mention that to her.

Cupcakecandy

OK long answer here :smileywink:I've only ever used two complexion products, both of which are drugstore BB creams :smileywink:, so I don't have much to go on, but I remember that I realllyyyyy loved the Garnier BB cream when I was using it about a year ago, and they have formulas for different skin types, but I think I just had the original/normal. After that, I tried Revlon, and it was OK at first, but about halfway, it became SUPER OILY! I would squeeze it and PURE OIL would come out, and you have to shake it so much and separate the oil to even use it. It was really disgusting! The Revlon one has good coverage and I've heard other people say the same, but the formula is horrible! I don't wear complexion products anymore, but if I wanted to wear more makeup again, I would definitely repurchase the Garnier! It's reallyy good, and I don't even want to bother trying another bad one :smileywink:

Again, keep in mind that the Garnier is pretty much the only good one I've tried so I don't know about the others :smileyhappy: Emilynoel has a good video comparing different ones

annypoo

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I'll suggest her the Garnier one! 

melisa16

In my opinion, the best one from drugstore is the Lumene BB Cream. Lumene is actually a skincare brand but I found the bb cream to be best because it has most coverage and is not greasy. I also thought the Garnier BB cream oil control was decent, but make sure it's the oil control version, otherwise it will get very greasy in few hours.

annypoo

Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • melisa16
    • Cupcakecandy
    • notcreative