snoopyb53

Do I NEED a beauty blender?!

I have been having internal struggle for a long time about whether or not the Beauty Blender is worth the price. What have your experiences been? Do I need one? Will it change my life?

XO,

Sarah

aviscardi

Re: Do I NEED a beauty blender?!

(0) Hearts

i think it depends on what you are looking to use it for, i know a lot of people use it for fdn every day. I prefer it for my thicker fdn like mufe since it does sheer out the application. however, i do use it every day to set my under eye concealer and it works like a dream

roxystar4

I bought a dupe at a drugstore and it was not good (broke the first time I gently washed it).  It was more elongated version of the BB.

Then I found one at TJMaxx (a different brand but looks exactly the same size & shape as the beauty blender) and I LOVE IT. I use it all the time. Price $4.99

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I personally love the beauty blender because of my skin type. I do think you can get the cheaper versions because it just is really over priced, I even though I love it and it works, it doesn't mean the price should be so high. I never liked any other sponges, and when you have dry flakey skin, a foundation brush just isn't the answer. there is a wonderful video on YouTube that helped me make my decision on how I should start applying foundation because the only thing that looked good was either airbrush foundation which is too expensive for everyday and using my finger tips. If you type in "gossmakeupartist way to apply foundation" on google you will see a video that says 10 different ways to apply foundation. He tells you which is the best option for every skin type. It is so informative, I urge you to take a look. 

DTalksAll

I was against purchasing it for so long. Sponges gross me out & they tend to soak up more product than they distribute... not the case with the beautyblender. Depending on which foundation I'm wearing I'll use the beautblender differently. If it's a liquid, I'll apply the foundation with the beautyblender, bouncing it around my face. If it's a cream to powder, I'll use a stippling brush (or spray it on if it's Dior) and just buff some areas with the beautyblender. If it's tinted moisturizers or BB creams, I apply with my fingers then buff & bounce with the beautyblender in trouble areas. 

I clean it after every use, deep clean once a week & microwave it once a month (like you would a kitchen sponge) 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Well, I don't think it will change your life.  After years of dismissing it, I have become a recent convert though!  I always used either my fingers or a brush to apply foundation.  I got the BeautyBlender during Chic Week and I really love it.  I do think it gives me the best final look with my foundation!

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I like it, but I've also noticed that I seem to use much more foundation when I'm applying with a beauty blender rather than a brush.  Every layer seems to go on more sheer, so it's quite easy to control if you want to make sure you get a really natural finish.  The only thing I don't like is that the pink sponge is always loosing color.  Every time I wash the foundation off, the dye comes off too.  Doesn't make me feel great.

For a while, there was a white one for sale at the beauty blender website, but I'm not sure if it's still available.  I liked that one much more than the pink only because you didn't get a visual of all the dye going down the drain!

veevali

(0) Hearts

I was actually wondering the same thing. I have pretty large pores and scars on my faces. Would the beauty blender help hide them or accentuate them? Anyone have any experience?

sephoramusthave

There's plenty of cheaper beauty blender type sponges out there so you could try those first and see how you like it before buying the actual beauty blender. I have the Cynthia Rowley blending sponge and I really like it, but not for all foundations because it sheers some of them out. I like how it pushes the product into your skin and makes it look like skin instead of a layer of mask on your face but no it wont change your life. :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • aviscardi