taketheroses

Dior Airflash safe to travel with? (:

Hello! I'm about to travel to CA for a month for training for my job and wanted to bring some of my favorite foundations with me. I'll be checking in a bag and wondered if it was safe (or okay for TSA) to pack my Dior Airflash spray foundation, since I love it so much. I might just call the airline directly before my flight but I thought it might be a good idea to ask on here as well. Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Jackie

sephsarah

Re: Dior Airflash safe to travel with? (:

(0) Hearts

I travel with mine all the time! Never had a problem since it's under 3oz. Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

ArmywifeJ

Here's a little tip from a seasoned traveler: bring a little padded envelope addressed and stamped to yourself. That way, if TSA does find something, you can quickly drop it in the mail rather than have them confiscate it. I've lost several nail files, clippers, bottles of precious perfume, that I forgot I had in my bag or didn't realize weren't allowed. 

lylysa

That's really clever, good tip!

taketheroses

(0) Hearts

That is a good tip! I'll definitely pick up a envelope for sure! <3

Nadan

I've traveled alot and internationally also and honestly although it does seem like a big deal and they stress it alot i've never once had any problems with bringing makeupp and or even perfumes, but do make sure you have a plastic bag for it because for some reason its important to keep it in it. hope that helps. 

taketheroses

Thanks guys! I'll definitely call them tomorrow and see kid it's safe to bring it :smileyhappy:

dianabt

Hi Jackie, 

Since the sizing IS under the 3 oz maximum, I agree with lylysa that you shouldn't have a problem. Make sure it is packed in a ziploc bag with any other liquid items and it's a bit easier to get through TSA without a detailed and thorough inspection. Just to make sure, calling your airline first is a great option, better to be safe than sorry especially since it's a bit pricier makeup! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

The size of it is under 3 oz, so it should be fine. I've travelled with mini aerosal hair sprays before with me on the plane and as long as they meet the sizing/amount guidelines you should be fine, especially if you're checking the bag rather than bringing it with on board.

I know rules can vary by airports/airlines, so be sure to call ahead or contact their Customer Service line just to be sure.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • taketheroses
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • ArmywifeJ
    • Nadan
    • sephsarah