taketheroses
Accepted Solution

Cream concealer for fair skin!

Hello! I've been looking for a really good cream concealer since I haven't had much luck with liquids. I'm interested in the Nars cream concealer as well as Tarte's and YSL's. To give a reference point my skin color in Mac is NW20. I feel that my skin in more combination than anything though it can be dry in certain areas. Thanks for taking the time to read this :smileyvery-happy:

Jackie :smileyvery-happy:

I forgot to mention I'm looking for a concealer more for blemishes. I have old acne scars that are sometimes really hard to over up. I use Bobbi Brown's concealer for my under eye are

taketheroses

Re: Cream concealer for fair skin!

Thank you so much for all the replies guys! I appreciate it a lot! :smileyhappy: I'm definitely going to look into the Nars concealer, thanks again for giving me more information <3

katie1724

[ Edited ]

If you think of it, please us know which one you go with and how it works out :smileyhappy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I love NARS concealer for blemishes; it's now the only one I use. I would start with Vanilla -- I think that will probably be your match -- but if it's too light, you can try Honey (which may be too dark / warm).

To which YSL concealer are you referring? Touche Eclat is a brightener for the under eye area; it's really not meant for blemishes, and it does not have the right consistency for staying power (on a blemish). If you really want to try YSL,  Anti-Cernes, the stick concealer for under eyes (which can also be used on the face) is going to have a better consistency for blemishes.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am referring to the Touche eclat, I use the YSL all over my face and find to just lightly touch areas that may have a small blemish, but I rarely ever get them, I use the Touche Eclat for a concealer as well as a highlighter, when covering a blemish the worst thing you can do is put a big blob of concealer on top that just makes it show up more, and I know what it's used for I used it for over 4 years, It's all about product knowledge.:smileyhappy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I was asking the original poster, Jackie, which YSL concealer she was referring to as she mentioned that she wanted to try YSL. I agree with you that product knowledge is key (which is why I pointed out that Touche Eclat -- per YSL, and not my opinion -- is an eye brightening concealer, and the original poster stated she was not looking for an eye concealer), but if it works for you on blemishes, that's great! This forum is all about different opinions, so if it works well for you in a different way, it may work well for someone else. :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Your exactly right we all have our opinions!:smileyhappy:

jennypoke

Agree with above posters, NARS and YSL.  I think Nars has better coverage though, YSL is light coverage.  Urban Decay has a concealer pen that I've been loving lately.  

beautylovingirl

I think you would LOVE the YSL Touche' Eclat. Please try that. Hopet his helps!:smileyhappy:

MakeupLvr17

I like Nars concealer. Its very creamy and provides good coverage. I am the same color in Mac as you and I wear the color vanilla for my nars concealer.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@makeuplvr17-It looks like you made a great call with the Nars Concealer:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • taketheroses
    • beautylovingirl
    • MakeupLvr17
    • jennypoke