aviscardi

Cosmetics needing a home?

[ Edited ]

I lost the boxes to a few items any can't return them.  What do you guys do with items that have a lot of product left? Is there a website.  i have mufe pro finish and duo mat both fairly new and tarte bb tinted and Bobbi brown bb about 3/4 full or more 

oh oh and I should mention I mean a website to trade or sell used items   I give a lot of my stuff away but I only have so many friends.  I'd like to get some money back so I don't feel like I wasted it 

Cormasaurus7

Re: Cosmetics needing a home?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Reddit makeup exchange is a good place to start! You can sell or trade makeup on there. Just made a Reddit account and post pictures of the makeup you want to sell/exchange and include your Reddit name written on paper in the pictures to prove they're from you.

dannyc

(0) Hearts

Do you still have your receipts? Sephora will take items back even if you don't have the box.

Another option is Poshmark (only has a mobile site, I don't think you can sell items on the website, only browse) they take a cut, and members like to negotiate low rates, but you might be able to get some money for it. 

Finally there's always eBay. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I usually sell on eBay but not used items.  I only have 1 receipt but it's past 90 days

dannyc

(0) Hearts

I would still try, they usually have a really good return policy even if it's past 90 days, no receipt, no box... 

You might get some eye rolls, but at least you'll get store credit or your money back. 

kalex

Since Makeup Alley no longer allows swapping for new members, my only suggestion for you is to join a TSB (Traveling Sephora Box).  I think the latest (round 5) on here is full but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone else starts another!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestion, Kalex :smileyhappy:.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I'm not interested in that. But I am already a member of MUA.  I use it to read reviews but i never swapped on there 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kalex
    • dannyc
    • aviscardi
    • Cormasaurus7
    • Nicrohr