curvygirli

Contour and Highlight- how many do it?

How many of you contour and highlight? Seems like that's all anyone talks about these days. I just recently tried it and didn't really see much of a difference plus I felt gross wearing that much makeup. I prefer just a bb cream and powder once in a while.

meagboho

Re: Contour and Highlight- how many do it?

I'm curious to see a before and after with this.  My coworkers have mentioned luminizers and bronzers to me but I wouldn't really know where to start, and what the differences are. 

heartsmyface

If you're new to this I suggest watching wayne goss on youtube. He's pretty amazing at explaining things. That's how I first learned. :smileyhappy: 

heartsmyface

Him, where to start....? Well the basics! Luminizers are for the high points on your face ( the parts you want to pop out) like the cheek bones, the bridge of your nose, the area right underneath your brow and the cupids bow( the center area above your lip. They give you a nice glow.

bronzers are used for giving your face structure. You would be using them to create the illusion of a shadow on your face. They go in the hollows of your cheeks, down the jawline, and up along the hairline around your face. You can also use them on the sides of your nose from the brow down to the tip to make your nose appear thinner. 

Luminizers make areas stand out, bronzer push them back. It's all illusion. 

Can anyone explain further? 

meagboho

Annnnnd I called Sephora and made an appointment for a custome make over, emphasis on contouring. They are actually doing a contouring event tomorrow (I had no idea) so when I askeorder that she got super excited.  Hopefully I learn enough so I can sorta replicate at home. 

heartsmyface

That's super convenient! Have fun! 

meagboho

(0) Hearts

That's a great explanation.  I may end up going to a Sephora and have them show me what to buy. 

calamityjane85

I do! 

MoreGun89

I do a little on my cheeks, I'm a fan of the Malificent cheekbones, granted I do make it appear more natural, but I like the edge along the bone to the hairline to appear a little sharper without being gaunt :smileyhappy:

emmy89

Hi,
For my everyday routine. I do not contour and highlight. I use a tinted BB cream with SPF, just to even my skin tone, I put some concealer to cover my dark circles and very little powder to set everything, lately I put on some blush too, because I'm still very pale/yellow from the winter. 

When I have special occasions or when I dress up to go out I do wear the whole thing: primer, full coverage foundation, concealer, blush contour and Highlight and i notice the difference and people that see me too. They do not notice I have a lot of make up on, but I always get compliments on my bone structure on my face, people that are used to see me with little or no make up immediately  start starring at me like "Wow, you look so nice" or "Wow I didn't know you were pretty". But I much rather do it on special occasions as I said than be all dolled up everything and never be able to cause the "wow" effect when I feel like dressing up!

But that's just my humble opinion!

heartsmyface

I don't like contouring too much either. I have to say though, that once I found the too faced milk chocolate bronzer contouring was less muddy looking for me. It's a much better match for my fair skin. . I can't stand cream bronzers.  I somehow always look dirty.

Biedazzle

I do it just about everyday now. I can't stop, I'm addicted! 

CaitlinBrunson

I had the same problem. Now I just put my foundation/bb cream/w.e on my T-zone (if I really want to but sometimes I skip) and then do a cheek and forehead contour. I only highlight my brow and occipital bones. 

kenny

upload_4998453393095296265.jpg

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Hahahaha! Awesome! 

CaitlinBrunson

Haha Zygomatic bone my bad. Too many Neuro lectures! Its starting to get to be finals time and I'm a little brain dead. So sorry! But thanks for pointing it out! Def had a good laugh at myself! 

kenny

Lol, no worries. Just a little funny, that would be quite the feat to highlight the occipital. :smileyhappy: Good luck on your finals, I know I get super scatter brained around that time

friedrice

Omg! Lol.

me too, @Daeidre! I only want to see the skull! 

MsStacey1990

For a second i didnt get the pic kenny! but omg i do now , and i cant stop laughing!!! hahahahha

daeidre

[ Edited ]

I saw skull, I came straight over :smileyvery-happy:

blushnglow

[ Edited ]

actually my quasi messed up vision saw a cracked powder pan from the miniaturized image...still funny nevertheless.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 72 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • reflectsgold
    • curvygirli
    • colorprodigy
    • friedrice