lovekelseylove

Concealer for Normal to Oily Skin

Hi. I'm 14 years old and I'm looking for a good quality concealer. I have slightly oily skin, but it's not that bad. I have pretty fair skin so I find it hard to find concealers light enough for my skin tone. I have pink undertones too. I have no idea where to start. I just want one that hopefully won't make me oily or break me out (acne prone skin here) and look natural. I don't wear foundation with concealer, so I don't want it to look weird. Thanks!

DrWould

Re: Concealer for Normal to Oily Skin

(0) Hearts

If you're interested in drugstore brands, I use Maybelline's "Fit Me" line. I don't like foundation so I use just the concealer and pressed powder. They have a big variety of colors to choose from so it's easy to find your shade. 

Also, since you said you have acne-prone skin, I wanted to add that I tried Biore's "Acne Clearing Scrub" and it is the only product that has ever taken care of my acne and given me clear skin. It's a little under just $7 at Target so you might want to consider giving that a try as well!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

if you are on a budget, a really good drugstore concealer is hte Revlon Photo Ready conealer.  It comes in a black tube with a clear lid, and looks similar to a lip stick in shape.  This one gives good coverage, is easy to blend and will only cost you about $9!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would recommend you look at The Amazing cosmetics amazing concealer as well. They have light shades as well.   Hope this helps!

lovekelseylove

(0) Hearts

Quick question: Is the Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer oil-free?

asdsfgh

(0) Hearts

I think so... I have combo/dry skin and it works great for me, and my mom has super oily skin and uses it and loves it! I find it is very long wearing and have never had problems with it accentuating my oily T-zone. 

lovekelseylove

Thanks lylysa! Those sound good! How light do those concealers come in?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

They get pretty fair, but with a good neutral base, so you're not putting on a concealer with so much of a pink pigment to where your skin looks too pink.

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Lovekelseylove,

Since you're on the oily side, you might want to try bareMinerals Broad Spectrum Multi-Tasking Face.  Since it is a powder, it will help to control your oil while concealing imperfections, and will still look natural. 

bareMinerals Broad Spectrum Multi-Tasking Face.jpg

I recommend applying it with the Bare Minerals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush

Bare minerals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

lovekelseylove

(0) Hearts

Thanks asdsfgh! I don't need it for under eyes, just mild acne and a little hyper-pigmentation. And alcohol-free would be great! My skin gets sensitive during the winter!

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Smashbox's liquid concealer is light weight and oil free as to avoid clogging pores. It provides buildable coverage and looks very natural on and can be used over problem areas, under the eyes, and for general concealing.

swfupload_3698561149907137389.jpg

Clinique also makes their acne treatment based liquid concealer that helps with acne prone skin as well if the blemishes are the main concern:

swfupload_6989206845577516566.jpg

For something a bit more nourishing, Tarte's Maracuja liquid concealer offers anti-oxidant benefits packed in Maracuja oil (passion fruit extract, and a healthy, botanical based oil rather than a synthetic that will clog pores). This is also formulated to be longwearing as well, the pigmentation is quite strong, so a little goes a long way.

swfupload_2497217435266158094.jpg

It also comes in a set with a finishing powder containing Amazonian clay to mattify and minimize the look of pores, Maracuja oil to condition skin (use it on hair, skin, face, nails, body, etc.), brush, and full sized concealer.

swfupload_4257654075618453997.jpg

The key is to use a brush as to avoid spreading and distributing oils from hands/fingers to your face and clogging pores and preventing your make up from not sitting well.

Try a flat, basic brush like the one in the Tarte kit, or for blemishes specially, try a fine, detailed brush so you can pat/dab product onto the blemish site and not over apply.

swfupload_8022909133200176176.jpg

That one is from Amazing Cosmetics, but Sephora, Bobbi Brown, and Laura Mercier make versions as well.

asdsfgh

(0) Hearts

Plus it says "This product is crease-proof, long-wearing, dermatologist tested, and non-comodeogenic. It is free of alcohol and fragrance." So it shouldn't break you out or cause irritation :smileyhappy:

asdsfgh

(0) Hearts

Do you want it for blemishes or under eye area? I really like the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and the lightest shade is very fair. I wear it on it's own all the time and it is very natural looking. Works well on blemishes and under my eyes. I hope this helps! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • asdsfgh
    • DesertRose0706
    • DrWould
    • laurabt