anb0906

Color help on oil free Mattifying Foundation

(0) Hearts

I want to buy Clinique's foundation, but I cannot guess the color.

http://www.sephora.com/stay-matte-oil-free-makeup-P310726?skuId=1411214

i wear light beige In Ardency Inn custom color concentrate, but it is just a touch too dark or too yellow? 

Smashbox's BB cream in light is a perfect match.

The Kat Von D Lock It foundation sample (light 48, I think) is a touch too dark.

I have neutral undertones.

Suggestions on the appropriate color for: Clinique, Kat Von D, and Ardency Inn would be welcome, but I'm definitely buying Clinique for sure.

thanks!

anb0906

Re: Color help on oil free Mattifying Foundation

(0) Hearts

All four color matches on Sephora's site are ridiculously too dark.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Did you take the Foundation IQ test yet?

FYI: Another great matte finish that's oil-free is Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation.  Clinique's just slid a lot with my oil, and they don't have a broad enough shade range for me.  Seriously, the Tarte one is fantastic!

anb0906

(0) Hearts

I took the online test, but I'm nowhere near a store to get matched. I went 10+ years without wearing foundation, but my 31 year old skin is going crazy. Oily, breaking out, sensitive, etc so I need to cover the mess. I haven't found a bb cream that wasn't just awful, and I've spent a lot of money trying to find my holy grail. If Clinique's doesn't work (trying liquid instead of powder-just for winter) then I'm trying Bare Minerals during the $20 off $50 sale or possibly Tarte now! I hear great things about their blush, and was considering it. I have no IDEA what shade, though. That findation.com site is pretty awesome, though! 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I always find my match in either findation.com or color IQ (you put in the brand, product, and shade, and they'll tell you your code and similar colored foundations) 

even if I were to get color matched in store.. just because I find that the lighting in cosmetic counters, sephora, and mac are artificial ..

anb0906

(0) Hearts

Thank you! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • infinitise