OwlAndTanager

Color IQ for concealers?

Who else would love to see color matches for concealers with the foundation shades? This would make it so much easier to pick a concealer especially if you can't make it in to the store to test colors. 

anb0906

Re: Color IQ for concealers?

That is a good idea. Honestly, the color iq is ridiculously inaccurate, though. I'd prefer that to be corrected first. Once that was corrected, I would think it would be fairly simple to add the concealer options. 

OwlAndTanager

(0) Hearts

Oh, don't I know how inaccurate it is. I got matched 3 shades darker than my actual skin tone once. The SA and I just laughed about it and swatched a foundations until we found the right one. 

Chickibum

Awesome idea, this would make things so much easier!!

emmy89

[ Edited ]

I wish it existed too!

I live in Canada so it's hard to find some of the brands I would like to try in stores other than Sephora, and since I don't drive, it's even harder for me to have access to other stores since they either don't sell online or have incredibly high shipping fees.

I really needed a concealer and I had to order two without going to the store and I have no idea if they are going to match my skin color or foundation color. I hate returning products, but if they don't match me I will have no choice but to send it back, because it will be a lot of money wasted if I keep buying them until I find the right one.

I tried looking at videos and swatches online, but I'm still not confident that I picked the right color!

OwlAndTanager

(0) Hearts

I know how you feel. It's hard enough for me to find a foundation that matches let alone a concealer. Plus, I feel bad when I send back makeup just because it doesn't match me because technically it's my fault, but there's really no other way for me to try them.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • anb0906
    • Chickibum
    • OwlAndTanager
    • emmy89