FireSpinner

Cheap foundation v.s. high-end

I know that there's no competition... I tried Mufe's hd foundation and it was amazing compared to the junk i was using before. Now i'm back to using low-grade products... not as bad as before, but it's no where near mufe or anything like that. (i'm using Hard Candy 'Just face it' foundation) and i'm starting to take better care of myself (diet wise, appearance wise, etc) and i'd really like to step it up with my makeup too, especially foundation. Any suggestions for a new foundation? 

makeupobesessed

Re: Cheap foundation v.s. high-end

(0) Hearts

I've found that I use foundation that is higher end (ie bought in Sephora- currently using Naked) more often bc I like the fact that someone is helping me chose the right color.  In the drug store I dont have the professional opinion to guide me, and I do not have time to guess and return, my time is valuable too and its worth the money if its right.  I love UD shadows too, and when I use drug store brands, I just dont see the same color payoff anymore.  On the other hand, mascara is one that I tend to not splurge, I can find plenty of drug store brands I like.  Blush is whatever, but I love Nars just because.  Eyeliner, UD because it doesnt drag on my eyes, but I just havent taken the time to find a drug store brand.  Again, my time.  Where I splurge though, there is always an area where Im saving, and lip products are fair game on that one.

PoshDarling

(0) Hearts

I've been using a sample of Lancome Visionnaire Foundation and I really like it. Lancome's foundations have been kind of hit or miss for me, but Visionnaire is one that I recommend at least getting a sample of.

The one drugstore foundation that remains in my kit is Revlon Colorstay for Combination skin. I know there are many who do not like Colorstay, but for me, I find that it's a great full coverage foundation that works on it's own, or even mixed with a foundation that might provide a more luminous look.

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Try MUFE Face and Body or Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. You will be very happy you did.

cmeas

(0) Hearts

I use my Chanel or YSL daily. Drug store brands don't seem to work well for my skin.

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

MUFE Mat Velvet is amazing!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I really love Estee Lauder Double Wear - it has great coverage (medium to full depeding on how you apply it) but its not a thick formula, so it doesnt get cakey.  It also has a nice natural looking matte finish (but not too matte) and controls oil really well throughout the day.  It also stays in place all day and doesnt transfer!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I like the tarte full coverage foundation & LM silk cream foundation

AIixandra

(0) Hearts

What kind of coverage are you looking for? And what is your skin type? 

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

I'd say medium coverage and i'm not sure on my skin type. Combination maybe

PoisonLipgloss

(0) Hearts

Sephora website, under Makeup has a foundation sets I would definitely recommend one of those

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Nars Sheer Glow is amazing! It's not super dewy as the name would suggest, and it works for all skin types, not just dry. Just apply a moisturizer beforehand if you have dry skin, it will go on so much easier!

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I got a sample of UD Naked and I'm really loving it. I like how light the foundation goes on and how I can build up coverage.  

lecia1167

No competition. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear, and nothing cheap is gonna compete with it's coverage and lasting power. I may skimp on other things, but I won't on foundation, powder or eyeshadow.

veronika23

I'm currently using Urban Decay's Naked and really love it.  I also wanted a second one so I got a few samples from my local Sephora and will be testing that out this week.  I find getting samples is the best way to find what you are looking for. =)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • roxystar4
    • makeupobesessed
    • veronika23
    • MermaidBarbie
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • PoisonLipgloss