Chanel perfection lumiere velvet anyone?

I had to go to a Chanel counter today to buy a brush and saw their new perfection lumiere velvet foundation..

I've heard its name before but wasn't sure if I was going to like them so I didn't end up purchasing it because I wanted to read some reviews first 

I only had their Vital lumiere aqua foundation before... that I didn't like. 

For my dry combination skin, the alcohol content made my skin look drier and drier throughout the day ..

and the color Beige 10 was too neutral. 

any thoughts and.or experiences? 

Re: Chanel perfection lumiere velvet anyone?

The two videos I posted got removed. But at least a handful of BTer's saw it and the starter of the thread said she will try both the methods from the videos, so I guess that is fine since she was the one that asked and may have found a solution to her problem because of it. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

Hi all, 

Here's an EDITED UPDATE to our policy Smiley Happy 

We actually DO NOT allow outside links to other sites for purchases- HOWEVER, YouTube videos are allowed (within reason and that they ARE related to the cosmetic world). I've shared this info with our moderation team and hopefully this avoids any further confusion. 

Thanks! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

(0) Hearts

Smiley Happy

Yay! Thank you for this new update! 

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty sure I've seen someone post a YT video not made by Sephora and you didn't tell him/her. Every time I do or say something wrong, you're always there to correct me. 

And are you going to say anything about weeeeweeeeeee's post? she posted (gasp) two videos! oh no! She's breaking the rules! But it's ok because you have nothing against her.  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Winged-Liner-Tips/td-p/1418708

I liked those videos! I learned a spoon eyeliner trick! Neat! 

Hmm the site should just not accept outside links. That way people wouldn't be getting publicly chastised for helping people get to sources of information. 

Thank you Smiley Happy 

I appreciate it Smiley Happy

Dude all kinds of things have some form of alcohol. What do you sanitize your brushes with. It is not straight alcohol it's usually used a stabilizer and evaporates. Maybe you need to do a bit more research on alcohol. 

Are you saying that its bad that he doesn't like certain kinds or amounts of alcohol in his products and is offering his opinion on that? I thought that it was okay to say what we did or didn't like about makeup, or are we only supposed to be posting facts from research? Are only experts supposed to offer advice on here? I am confused.

Really? There is a lot nicer way to tell someone that you have a different opinion. Research means nothing when it comes to someone's individual preferences, which is exactly what he was talking about. He said he is sketchy about alcohol. He didn't say that alcohol is proven bad for everyone. There are things proven to be beneficial that I don't put on my face because it is irritating, as it is to some others. "Maybe you need to do a bit more research on alcohol."? I don't think that he was posing as an expert.

[ Edited ]

But when I sanitize my brush with alcohol, the alcohol evaporates before it comes in contact with my face. I just don't want SD alcohol or alcohol denat. on my face. Maybe vvib feels the same way or maybe she wants to take caution with products that contain alcohol. 

It's just like how some people don't like gluten in their food, just like how I don't like SD alcohol or denatured alcohol in my face products. You're aren't gonna die if you eat gluten, unless you have heath issues that require gluten free meals, but it's definitely healthier if you do eat gluten free. 

If you don't have Celiac, then you should still have gluten. My friend is a nutritionist, gluten sensitive, but still makes sure it's in her diet. 
Not everything you watch on youtube, read on blogs/paula's choice... is always correct. it's best to do some research from multiple sources before telling people what to do. 

If you haven't actually tried a foundation, why are you giving advice on it? Please, stick to what you know. Since you're still in High School, and want to be a MUA, you may actually benefit from reading responses here on BT. When I tell people to be cautious with Argan Oil, it's not because a vlogger  I follow on youtube doesn't like it. No, it's because I actually get a rash when I use it. I don't give oily skin people advice on how to control their oil because I have dry skin. I also don't tell really pale people to try Hoola bronzer, because I'm pale & know it won't work. 

I know you mean well, but so does everyone else here. Most of us don't use drugstore products, we use the products being discussed daily. We have actual experience with it, and form our opinions that way. 

Ah, the same ones always have to bring the party down. You ask him if he hasn't tried the foundations then why is he giving advice on it? Well, I would say to you that this is a post about foundation so stick to the conversation instead of writing a novel about why Andy is wrong and you are right. Don't like being told what to do? Neither does he. Some people who are not besties with you and in your group are tired of posts like this. It would be nice if you just offered your opinion (I am guessing it is just an opinion, just like Andy's. Or do you claim to be an expert?) and stopped trying to discredit others because you disagree. I am involved in this because I am sick of coming by here seeing the same people-yes I am talking to you- behaving like children because they think that they have "more experience" with a product. Okay, so? Offer your opinion on the product then! Where is it? Oh, you just wanted to come by and offer a not so nice critique of someone else? I am ready for the storm.....

[ Edited ]

tumblr_inline_mlw21dlScI1qz4rgp.gif

no

[ Edited ]

I didn't tell anyone what to do. All I did was simply warn her about the alcohol content. I have had a bad experience with alcohol so I advise people to be careful. So yes, i do know that alcohol can be bad for your skin and i know that there are some alcohol that aren't harmful to your skin. 

Love to see I am not the only one saying Dude still.

Nope, dude is in my vocabulary like no other too, lol..

(0) Hearts

I too am very interested in the Perfection Lumiere Velvet, but unfortunately I don't know anything about it. From the name I assumed it was supposed to be a long wearing, oil controlling foundation, but that could be completely off base.  I'll look around on Makeupalley dot com for you to see what other reviewers are saying!

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much Smiley Happy 

I really appreciate it <3 

I really love the texutre, but I don't know how its going to sit on my skin because its so dehydrated Smiley Sad

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • tumblr_inline_mlw21dlScI1qz4rgp.gif
  • lol2.jpg