infinitise

Chanel perfection lumiere velvet anyone?

I had to go to a Chanel counter today to buy a brush and saw their new perfection lumiere velvet foundation..

I've heard its name before but wasn't sure if I was going to like them so I didn't end up purchasing it because I wanted to read some reviews first 

I only had their Vital lumiere aqua foundation before... that I didn't like. 

For my dry combination skin, the alcohol content made my skin look drier and drier throughout the day ..

and the color Beige 10 was too neutral. 

any thoughts and.or experiences? 

dianabt

Re: Chanel perfection lumiere velvet anyone?

Hi vvib, 

I actually just bought this foundation for its medium to full buildable coverage. Unfortunately I feel like the coverage is a bit heavier (almost like the mat foundation) and my normal shade is a bit too light :smileysad: I use the Aqua lumiere which is great and has a lighter finish to it. 

For your dry combination skin you may want to skip the perfection lumiere and go with something a bit more hydrating or even LESS coverage. Do you specifically want a liquid foundation or are you open to a cream or mousse? 

:smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
infinitise

Thank you Diana for the advice!

I thought it would be lighter weight lighter coverage kind of foundation because the SA was telling me that it had sheer coverage.. but I wasn't sure if she knew much about her stuff.. 

I actually love both liquid and mousse/cream types, but I haven't had a mousse/cream type foundation that works with my dry skin.. do you have something in mind? 

I really wanted to love both Bobbi brown's stick foundation and Marc jacob's cream foundation but they were too flaky.. 

dianabt

Hi vvib, 

Have you looked at the Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme foundation? It's pretty lightweight on the skin and very hydrating:

http://www.sephora.com/moisture-supreme-foundation-P291205?skuId=1342153

You may even like the Nars Radiant Cream makeup (case and makeup are sold separately) if you want a more light and sheer finish:

http://www.sephora.com/radiant-cream-compact-foundation-P381712?skuId=1525013

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
love2shop42

I have it and  like it. To preface this, I have combination skin and this foundation does control my t zone without need for touch up for at least 5 hours. When using a beauty blender (wet) you can build coverage as needed. I have used the Illamasqua hydrating primer with it and Becca's Ever Matte and both work well with this foundation, but the Becca adds an extra couple hours to the longevity without the need for powder touch ups. I also found that with the Illamasqua as a primer this foundation did oxidize a little, not so with the Becca.  As an FYI, my Hourglass Immaculate oxidized heavily no matter what primer was used. I suggest that you ask a Chanel SA at a Nordstroms for a sample and try it as everyone's skin reacts differently. Happy Shopping!

infinitise

Thank you so much for sharing :smileyhappy: !! 

I was going to just order it from Nordstrom online but I might go through going in stores and trying a sample just to be sure :smileyhappy: 

I have dry combination skin, but I love soft, not sticky finishes... its hard finding one that doesn't make my skin look dehydrated and cakey in that category 

evno

Oh, thanks for posting! I was thinking of getting into Chanel foundations since many famous MUAs use them, but seeing that it dried out your skin, I probably shouldn't. Maybe the original Vitalumiere will be more moisturizing?

infinitise

I think the Chanel lady said the vital lumiere aqua was meant for slightly oily skin 

but I bought it anyways because I wanted to try it and because I like something that's longer lasting and because I do have slightly oily t zone 

I actually haven't tried the original but I did swatch it in stores.. maybe I'm expecting too much, but I don't like sticky finish foundations :smileysad: 

I'm probably going to order the velvet foundation sometime this week and try it. I'll let you know? :smileyhappy:

makeupforkathy

I use this and love it! I also use Vitalumiere Aqua. I think the velvet is a little thicker and better for coverage, but if vitalumiere dried you out, the velvet might also. I have combination skin and it does keep a matte look for most of the day, but I still have to touch up my T zone once mid day. The finish is really pretty though.. Pretty close to air brushed looking. This doesn't dry me out, but vitaluimere aqua doesn't either.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for your opinion :smileyhappy: 

I might actually try it just in case... I think it might have been that I didn't like the vital lumiere aqua as much as I felt like I should .. 

kellsmuneoka

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My friend really loves this foundation! I'm probably going to pick it up in New York. I have combo skin that's pretty oily most of the time. I hear it's medium to full coverage + it's matte. It's long lasting too! I'm going to try and find a link to PM you info about it x

infinitise

(0) Hearts

awesome Thank you so much :smileyhappy: 

Macys apparently doesn't give out any samples and the sales associate described it as sheer coverage 

so I wasn't sure how it was going to sit on my skin :smileysad: 

please let me know what you find out about it :smileyhappy:

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

I would love to try it, but I'm still sketchy of the alcohol that it has. 

Beautypedia, which isn't the most reliable site, says:

Moving on, there is much to like about this velvety-smooth, sheer fluid makeup if you have normal to oily or combination skin. The texture is weightless and blends like a dream, providing sheer to light coverage that diffuses flaws yet let's your natural skin tone show through. Blending must be swift because this dries fast, and this is definitely one of those "shake well before each use" formula!

This looks simply gorgeous on skin and holds up quite well over oily areas, too, assuming you're not applying anything too slick or creamy beneath it (if you have oily skin you'd ideally want to avoid using such products during the day).

And here's a video review for you :smileyhappy:

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy:

infinitise

Thank you :smileyhappy: 

I appreciate it :smileyhappy:

ashleynne

[ Edited ]

You should just let the mods do their job instead of trying to take it on yourself. Your really in no authority to be the enforcer of rules. Nicely reminding you there's no hall monitors in BT. People are going to follow the rules or they won't, but that's really not yours or anyone else's problem. As much as you might think your comment was helpful in some way, it really was not.

Teresaanne92

lol2.jpg

karma3p80

Yeah, if that is the case then a lot of people need to stop. 

destiny37

You too? I was just waiting......

weeeeweeeeeee

I actually never knew that outside videos are not allowed.. opps.

My apology, I just thought the icon that allows youtube links allow it. Should I take the videos down?

weeeeweeeeeee

I will leave it unless someone wants me to remove it, or the mods remove it. I thought the videos were helpful, so if anyone wants me to take it down, I will take it down.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 102 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • jojobe
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dianabt
    • makeupforkathy